DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   WANTED: First Light alpha testers! (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/156100-wanted-first-light-alpha-testers.html)

David Taylor April 3rd, 2009 12:31 PM

WANTED: First Light alpha testers!

1 Attachment(s)
A big day for us has arrived - we want to put First Light in the hands of a few Alpha testers later today! For now it's Windows only. The Mac version isn't too far behind.

A screen capture is shown. For those of you familiar with Lightroom you'll notice some similarities. But the difference is that the metadata in CineForm files stays with the file whereas in Lightroom you have to export the "flattened" images before they're usable elsewhere.

The requirements for Alpha testers are relatively simple:

1. You have some working knowledge of or desire to learn about Active Metadata
2. You have a few hours to invest in playing with First Light this weekend and are willing to give us written feedback.
3. You don't mind playing with Alpha software

Despite the latter requirement First Light is in pretty good shape, but customers always find some things that we haven't found internally.

You can read more about Active Metadata here: Active Metadata Overview.

If you're interested please send an email to tbucklin at cineform dot com. He'll be coordinating the Alpha testers and will also be sending out the software and instructions later today.

Tim Bucklin April 3rd, 2009 12:51 PM

Hello All,

For those of you interested in taking part in our alpha testing, thank you!
In your email to me, please include the following:

1) The CineForm product you are currently using (Neo HD/4K, Prospect HD/4K). First Light is not designed to be used with Neo Scene.

2) The kind of source material you'll be using: HDV, AVCHD, XDCAM, RAW, etc. including resolution and frame rate.

The UI will still undergo some beautification before our beta release (the timeilne, play, back, and forward buttons especially), but we are also looking for feedback on not only the UI appearance, but functionality as well. Find any feature especially useful? Let us know! Is a feature missing you feel would add value? Let us know!

Of course, all bug reports are encouraged too.

I'm looking forward to corresponding with you all over this coming week!

Henry Olonga April 5th, 2009 05:27 PM

Count me in

Dunno if this is still on going but I would love to try it out.Monday Tuesday.Unless of course you are done testing by now.Best wishes guys and keep up the awesome work.

Henry Olonga April 6th, 2009 01:29 PM

Not sure if you got my earlier message as I sent it Sunday but if this offer is still open then I would like to be an Alpha tester and offer any feedback and help that I can