DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Neo Scene 1.2 here first. (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/170971-neo-scene-1-2-here-first.html)

David Newman April 7th, 2009 01:08 PM

Neo Scene 1.2 here first.

Neo Scene 1.2 (Windows) is looking pretty good, so this is either a sneak peek at new release, a public beta if they are any issues. ;)

What's new:
1) CS4 support included as standard. (remove any old CS4 importer beta components first.)
2) Support for AVCHD cameras that use AAC audio.
3) Installs for all NLE using VfW, DShow and custom components for PPro1.5, PPro2.0, CS3, CS4 and Elements 7.
4) New Splash screen (yes CineForm logo change with more to come.)
5) Bump the trial again, if you used an earlier trial this will get you another 7 days.

Temporary link:
http://www.miscdata.com/cineform/Neo....112-Setup.zip

Chris Barcellos April 7th, 2009 01:26 PM

Downloaded and installed after uninstalling 1.1. Converted 5d II files without incident. all seems okay.

Matt Vanecek April 7th, 2009 03:19 PM

Any word on the Prospect prospects for CS4? Since I have Prospect, should I wait for that and not install this?

Thanks,
Matt

Charles W. Hull April 7th, 2009 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1063400)
Neo Scene 1.2 (Windows) is looking pretty good, so this is either a sneak peek at new release, a public beta if they are any issues. ;)

Both 5D Mark II files and CS4 work okay, no issues. And Elements works fine.

I have a problem with AVCHD files (.MTS files from a Canon HF10) - when I try to convert a file I get the message
"Error while unpacking program, code E2. Please report to the author".
So 1.2 isn't working for me with AVCHD.

I'm also running NeoScene on a second computer, a laptop; in this case the AVCHD files convert okay. And Elements works okay. However I've had a conflict on that system where the audio doesn't pick up, and that issue remains with 1.2. I'll work that out with customer support when I find time - in the mean time I just grab the audio from the original file.

David Bowlby April 9th, 2009 04:57 PM

File has moved or been updated?

When you click on the link for the zip file it says it is no longer available.

David Newman April 9th, 2009 05:44 PM

Yes, you are too late for the beta. The new version is up here
Neo Scene

For those how got the beta, do get the official release version, it did fix a couple of things in the importers for CS3, Elements and CS4.

Charles W. Hull April 9th, 2009 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1072550)
Yes, you are too late for the beta. The new version is up here
Neo Scene

For those how got the beta, do get the official release version, it did fix a couple of things in the importers for CS3, Elements and CS4.

David, the new version now works okay with my AVCHD files, no "Error while unpacking program, code E2. Please report to the author". And 5D Mk II files work, CS4 works, Element works - good release.

Edwin Baldwin April 10th, 2009 12:57 PM

Vegas Pro 8.0c - Neo Scene 1.2 HDV SD downconvert Problem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the prior Neo Scene release the downconvert from Cineform HDV to SD with Vegas 8.0c worked fine. With Neo Scene 1.2 I end up with black bars on the left and right.

David Newman April 10th, 2009 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwin Baldwin (Post 1075845)
In the prior Neo Scene release the downconvert from Cineform HDV to SD with Vegas 8.0c worked fine. With Neo Scene 1.2 I end up with black bars on the left and right.

Sounds like a user error when handling pixel aspect ratio. We have not changed anything in this area, nor could we this is 99% controlled by the encoding application (we never add black bars -- codec doesn't have that feature.)

Edwin Baldwin April 10th, 2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1075846)
Sounds like a user error when handling pixel aspect ratio. We have not changed anything in this area, nor could we this is 99% controlled by the encoding application (we never add black bars -- codec doesn't have that feature.)

User error, stretch was off.

Clyde DeSouza April 10th, 2009 04:38 PM

Works great for me too thus far.
..Any news on when the Dedicated Premier cs4 realtime playback module will be out?

Regards