Neo Scene & Vegas Pro & AVCHD AC3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 12th, 2009, 07:41 AM   #1
Regular Crew

Neo Scene & Vegas Pro & AVCHD AC3

When I load a Sony CX12 DD 5.1 .MTS file in Vegas two uncompressed audio streams are created using it's own ac3filter. One stream is a downmix 2 channel ac3 and the other stream is 6 channel ac3. Vegas does not perform the 2 channel downmix correctly (right channel is loud). Once Vegas has been launched Cineform uses this Vegas codec Unfortunately, when you convert a CX12 DD 5.1 .MTS file with Cineform HD Link you get a Cineform file with the same badly downmixed 2 channel ac3 but not the 6 channel ac3. In order to get good 6 channel uncompressed audio I need to use a different/good ac3 filter like but I don't if Vegas' ac3filter and a new ac3filter will play well together. It would be great if Vegas offered the option to disable/not install their ac3filter and avoid any conflicts. Any help would be appreciated.
Edwin Baldwin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase