mocha and cfhd at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 13th, 2009, 07:52 AM   #1
Regular Crew

mocha and cfhd

It seems to me that Mocha for ae cs4 (win) won't import cfhd files ( 1440x1080). Is it me doing something wrong here or ...?
Idar Lettrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 09:23 AM   #2
New Boot

I too have problems with CFHD and Mocha for AE (CS4). Last time I tried, I only saw white. As such, I haven't tinkered with it much.
Rob Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 11:15 AM   #3
CTO, CineForm Inc.

What importer are you using? The beta or the one in Neo Scene or neither (i.e. VfW)?
Old April 13th, 2009, 11:33 AM   #4
New Boot

I have Neo Scene v1.20 Build 112 installed. I have other issues with CS4, Sony DVDA and Windows Explorer too. I have opened a support ticket already about this all.
Rob Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 01:34 PM   #5
Regular Crew

mocha

What importer do You mean ?
Mocha enables you to import a variety of files - I should anticipate same possibilities as for AE itself .... but my cineform sfw is Prospect HD if that's what you asking for ??

In mocha :
Native ex1 (1080 p) imports ok, same with cfhd 1080p BUT 1440x1080 cfhd faults with " failed to open the movie file, check that the file is readable"

(btw : still unable to run hdlink as standalone but prospect works ok inside ppro)
Old April 13th, 2009, 01:46 PM   #6
CTO, CineForm Inc.

If 1920x1080 works and 1440x1080 doesn't, that is someone support issue (Mocha, AE or CineForm?), but it is not a forum question.
Old April 13th, 2009, 02:57 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
.. that is someone support issue (Mocha, AE or CineForm?), but it is not a forum question.
Sorry - didn't know restrictions applies to what relevance questions should have here ( could you please direct me to a listing of such terms) , but I will ask the folks over at the AE forum on this.
Old April 13th, 2009, 07:45 PM   #8
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
If 1920x1080 works and 1440x1080 doesn't, that is someone support issue (Mocha, AE or CineForm?), but it is not a forum question.
I'm running Mocha 2.0 Soho (The AE CS4 version) and with the beta Cineform importer, it works fine with both sizes of CFHD avi files. The preview is slow, but what else is new?

That aside, I've been getting a few crashes on start up with Premiere CS4. The event type is BEX, with the faulting module being "CFHD.DLL_unloaded", which makes no sense to me, since isn't that the VFW codec? I checked the plugin logs from Premiere and the beta CF importers (both AVI and MOV) are being loaded without a problem. No big deal, but I thought that you might want to know this.
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 13th, 2009, 07:56 PM   #9
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Interesting, CS4 is an odd beast as it seems to use both components. AE uses the VFW codec for thumbnails both everything else uses the new importer -- weird.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase