Are we there yet? Betas for v4 - Neo HD/4K, PHD/4K at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 16th, 2009, 10:31 PM   #1
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Are we there yet? Betas for v4 - Neo HD/4K, PHD/4K

Yes, here are the beta releases, just in time for NAB. It has been a crazy busy few months, working on v4, new web site, Neo 3D (just announced), FirstLight (just annouced) and launching one more software product at NAB (not annouced.)

Regarding v4
These a not feature complete -- with more CS4 integration (Prospect) and First Light following shortly (this will be on show at NAB.) The readme file hadn;t be update to clearly list the changes. Fortunately the AVCHD and Canon 5D is in all these products now, so have fun.

Prospect HD
http://02bb6aa.netsolhost.com/downlo...204-090416.zip

Prospect 4K

Neo HD

Neo 4K

P.S. As all of CineForm will be in Vegas next week (half are already there setting up) we won't be able to offer too much beta support until next Friday and after.

P.P.S These versions are 15-day trials. We had to that as the have new components we have licensed off others that can only go to licensef v4 users. For those of you how are due a free upgrade or pre-purchased v4, you will receive a new serial number for activation -- After NAB. These betas can be activated into you perminant verisons, so install away if you NOT in the middle of a time critical project. Within the 15-days we intend to you get you running First Light, which will change the way you post.
Old April 17th, 2009, 04:29 AM   #2
Major Player

Good news! So you actually pulled it off...big congrads and a week in the Bahamas after NAB!

Questions:

It appears these betas can be installed over the version 3 of Prospect 4K/HD? If so, can they be rolled back to the version 3 if there are serious probs (heaven forbid, slap my mouth...)?

Can they (should they) be used with CS3?

I see no presets after installing a HD version on a CS4 machine, nor any CF choice for outputing, so is it possible to render out a CF file? IOW, can we use this for real work?

Last edited by Stephen Armour; April 17th, 2009 at 05:25 AM. Reason: additions
Stephen Armour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2009, 07:22 AM   #3
Major Player

Congrats and good luck at NAB!

I can't wait to try it out!

Simon
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2009, 07:25 AM   #4

After d/ling the v4 beta, NeoHD still doesn't work with XDCAM HD files ;o(
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2009, 08:55 AM   #5
Trustee

I am on board to try this but I need to know how it affects the current version of Prospect running on CS3 on my machine before I move forward. Any advice?
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2009, 09:13 AM   #6
Major Player

Hmm, odd. Eset NOD32 says the Prospect zips are infected...

-------------------------------------------------------------------
But turning off the Web scanner, downloading the zip file, and then scanning the file locally, comes up clean. Eset weirdness, but NOD32 won't let me submit the file for analysis, for some reason, to take care of a false positive. *sigh*

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited by Matt Vanecek; April 17th, 2009 at 09:42 AM. Reason: Scanning update
Matt Vanecek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2009, 09:15 AM   #7
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Bill,
We will try check the XDCAM HD support today -- that shouldn't have changed.

CS3 Support:
This should be solid, uninstall PHD/P4K v3, and install v4. This is ready to go for real work. Prospect HD use know have full Active Metadata support within Premiere.

CS4 Support:
It has the importer and all the transitions and filters ported so exiting projects will now load in CS4, although CS4 has a bug rendering fields backward on upper field first sequences (it is a new CS4 bug, that we will have to work around.) Progressive sequences work fine. The new media encoder rendering module didn't make the cut for this build, although I've seen it working well in house (so very close.) You can export using the CineForm VfW codec as a stop gap, the exporter release. Under After Effects the Export Module is working fine. No presets in Premiere until the play module (accelerator) is ported.
Old April 17th, 2009, 11:59 AM   #8
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Vanecek View Post
Hmm, odd. Eset NOD32 says the Prospect zips are infected...

------------------------------------------------------------
I'm also having wierdness with the zip file.
Attempting extraction with two different apps, both lock up and become unresponsive when trying to unzip the ProspectHD file. The extracted file nonetheless appears in the folder, and seems to install normally.
However, on converting an EX1 clip to CFHD with HDLink, although the conversion process looks normal, when I look in the target folder there is no CFHD.avi- the folder is empty.
This is a new system with Vista 64/ CS4 and no prior CF software onboard.
Old April 17th, 2009, 01:51 PM   #9
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I have test XDCAM HD and Ex1 files and for the conversions are working fine.

Robert, it sounds like you have "Use Capture Location for converted files" set, so there are going to the new directory. The path is show in the Converted Clips window, and you can double click to directly play the new AVI.
Old April 17th, 2009, 01:59 PM   #10

David..

Thanx for taking the time in your schedule to look at XDCAM HD files. I am referring to XDCAM HD files at 50 or 100mbps from Convergent-Design's Flash XDR. Any attempts to convert one of these files produces a corrupt directory folder, which crashes Windows XP, essentially disabling the target drive folder. Avid Media Composer 3.5, Edius 5, and Vegas 8 will all open these native files without complaint.

I filed a trouble ticket and was told CF knows what the problem is, but, that you don't have the time to fix it. I was hoping a fix would be incorporated in CFHD v4
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2009, 02:29 PM   #11
CTO, CineForm Inc.

There has been too much stuff on our plate to look at Convergent-Design's Flash recorder -- general XDCAM-HD files work fine. Once the dust settles with CS4 and NAB we will get this addressed.
Old April 18th, 2009, 01:44 AM   #12
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Robert, it sounds like you have "Use Capture Location for converted files" set, so there are going to the new directory. The path is show in the Converted Clips window, and you can double click to directly play the new AVI.
Good call- actually I had it unchecked, so it didn't send it where I wanted.
Video conversion is good, but no audio- there's an audio track, but it's empty.
I'm probably not going to make real headway with v 4 until the alpha is released.
Old April 18th, 2009, 10:47 AM   #13
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Alpha is before beta. :) Also the conversion features are pretty mature, and EX1 audio conversions are working fine directly from the mp4s (nothing has changed in that area of HDLink.)
Old April 18th, 2009, 11:29 AM   #14
Trustee

EX1 conversion is good now- I think my glitch was in CS4- but unable to get audio with AVCHD conversion. I have the Haali Splitter installed, which was all I had needed for AVCHD with CS3/Prospect v3.
Old April 18th, 2009, 09:36 PM   #15
Major Player

I must be doing something wrong. I have both CS3 & CS4 installed (Vista 64) and previously I only used NEO HD, with the beta importer for CS4. Everything worked fine. I uninstalled the beta CFHD importer files, including the DLL. I uninstalled NEO HD. I installed the Prospect HD v4 beta. The importing of both CFHD avi & mov files, in Premiere CS4 still works fine, but in Premiere CS3, I don't get any acceleration (nor do I see any new files installed in any of the CS3 folders, except for the importer prm files). There are no Cineform editing modes available, so that may explain the problem. CS3 previews roughly at the same rate as with NEO HD v3 installed. Does the v4 setup program work properly if both CS3 & CS4 are installed?

Has anyone else gotten acceleration with CS3 and has both CS3 & CS4 installed?

EDIT: I manually decompressed the CS3 files from the Prospect v4 setup exe (with 7-Zip) and installed them manually in the CS3 folder. It more or less works now, except for CFHD MOV files, which preview upside-down and reddish. I missed have missed a file to install.
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase