Aspect HD questions -- all versions - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 5th, 2005, 07:54 PM   #46
Inner Circle

Aspect HD licensing terms?

Let's say I buy the Premiere Pro/Aspect HD suite for one computer and have another copy of Premiere Pro installed on a second system: can I install Aspect HD on the second system (from the first set of install discs) and have two full HDV editing setups without violating the Cineform licensing agreement? Or do I have to buy an Aspect HD license for each computer I run it on?

P.S. I just realized this post should have been in the Cineform forum. Maybe someone can move it there?

Last edited by Kevin Shaw; May 6th, 2005 at 10:35 AM.
Kevin Shaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2005, 05:32 PM   #47
Regular Crew

Aspect will allow PPro to render faster than plug in?

Let's say I just do some color and few effects. Will using the Aspect plug in allow my footage to render faster than if I just use the plug in inside of PPro 1.5?

I would do the test myself but I downloaded the Aspect trial long ago and it is expired.
Greg Jacobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2005, 05:43 PM   #48
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Rendering out to a file is not accelerated by Aspect HD. Aspect HD does have real-time color correction, which means you only have to render for exports, saving a lot of time, yet the export time will be approximately the same.

P.S. Whenever there is a significant new version of Aspect HD we allow another 15-day trail. If you last tested Aspect HD 2.x, AHD 3.0 will give you another trial peroid.
Old June 26th, 2005, 12:59 PM   #49
Major Player

AspectHD Filter Request - Curves

I just thought I'd put down something I'd be interested in...

My prefered filter for colour adjustment in both AE and PPro is the Curves filter. All of the AspectHD filters are phenomenally real-time - and I'd love to have an AHD Curves filter to exploit as well. No idea how feasible it is, but I suspect it would be a worthwhile addition.

-Steve
Steven White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2005, 09:37 AM   #50
CTO, CineForm Inc.

That is on the list. A real-time curves would be nice, there is nothing that technically that would prevent this from happening.
Old June 27th, 2005, 02:08 PM   #51
Major Player

Awesome.

-Steve
Steven White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2005, 05:23 PM   #52
New Boot

Audio Problems in Aspect HD 3.1

Just downloaded the trial version of Aspect HD 3.1. I tried to edit my first video using it but I'm having problems with the audio.

I used HD link to capture and then converted to Cineform AVI. The audio sounds completely distorted when I import the converted files into premiere 1.5.1.

The footage was shot with a Sony FX1 PAL at 50i

Anyway, I ended up importing, editing and rendering as .m2t using MPEG PRO HD 1.06 and it sounded perfectly clear. Just the whole editing process was kinda slow.

Any ideas as to what may be the problem I am having with Aspect ?
Jake Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2005, 05:33 PM   #53
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You should file a trouble tricket to see whether support can help you. There no known issues with audio capture -- i.e. it should be working fine. Why didn't you us the Aspect HD capture within Premiere, HDLink is the old tool and it is rarely necessary for capture. Open up an Aspect HD preset within Premiere Pro and pres F5 to bring up the capture window. Capture capturing again using Aspect HD. If the audio issue persists, tech support should have a solution for you. You will want to use Aspect HD over MPEG editing.
Old July 5th, 2005, 06:07 PM   #54
New Boot

David, thanks for the fast response.

I will try capturing within premiere and see if that solves the problem.

If not, I will file a trouble ticket, as you recommended.

The reason why I captured using HD link is because I wanted to have both files, M2T/AVI. Then edit one movie using .m2t and the other with the AVI to compare experiences/results.
Jake Craig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 11th, 2005, 11:08 PM   #55
Major Player

Aspect HD 3.2/Premiere Pro 1.5.1 and CU-HV1

Hello David,

Differently from the official JVC Corporate opinion that the small deck will not be able to handle 24P from the HD-100, our friend Barry Green found out that he was able to capture 720 24P footage from the HD-1 into Vegas 5, not even 6...!!! So, I am almost certain that, as I mentioned JVC before, a simple firmware is all what is needed to update the CU-VH1.

The question is: would my Aspect HD 3.2/Premiere Pro 1.5.1 combo be capable of the same capturing/editing using the equipment mentined? Barry said that the LCD displays an error, but, even showing it, he was able to see and capture the footage from an HD-100 at 24P out of the firewire!

Thanks,

Luis Otero
Luis Otero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2005, 10:02 AM   #56
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I expect that the CU-VH1 will be able to play ProHD 24p to Aspect HD, although like Barry found the screen on the JVC unit will not show any picture. I haven't try this myself.
Old August 12th, 2005, 11:11 PM   #57
Major Player

Rsult of tests

I tried to export to tape from Premiere to the deck and it does not work. However, doing it (in and out of the machine) using HD Link is very simple and 100% accurate. Any possible rason why it does not work from Premiere? This would simplify the workflow a lot since no encoding to m2t to use the HD Link will be bypassed.

Luis
Luis Otero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2005, 12:36 AM   #58
CTO, CineForm Inc.

It is always best to use HDLink for export. You aren't saving any time using Premiere's built in export. Aspect HD comes with the "CineForm M2T" export movie option, use this as is has more options and more quality, then take the resulting file in HDLink for export. HOWEVER, for the 24p ProHD format we don't yet have that export mode, only 30p. Aspect currently supports input at 24p and 30p, and we will add 24 ProHD export soon.
Old August 21st, 2005, 11:39 AM   #59
Regular Crew

Aspect with non-HT dual-core Intel

Hi David,

Are the Intel dual-core 830 processors adequate to edit in Premiere with Aspect? The price on these processor is good, but I know that they are not Hyper-Threaded -- Will this impact the ability to edit with Aspect, or do compositing FX within After Effects? Or will the fact that there are two processor cores offset the fact that they are not Hyper-Threaded?

Sincerely,

Geoff Murillo
Geoff Murillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2005, 11:44 AM   #60
CTO, CineForm Inc.

It will very much offset the lack of hyperthreading. These are GREAT CPUs for Aspect HD, you will get excellent real-time performance. We need to upgrade our website to recommend any of the dual core offerings.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase