Aspect HD questions -- all versions - Page 5 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 21st, 2005, 11:54 AM   #61
Regular Crew

Thanks.

-Geoff
Geoff Murillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2005, 06:20 AM   #62
Major Player

Aspect HD does not detect FX1

Hi all.

I downloaded the latest version of AspectHD and installed it with Premiere Pro 1.5.1. However, when I try to capture, it is indicated that the capture device is offline. It does not detect the HDR-FX1.

The device manager indicates that the AVC subunit is not installed properly (exclamation point).

What may I do to remedy this problem? Thanks all.

Windows SP2
3.2 Intel P4
Asus P5P800
1 gig ram
Jason Magbanua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2005, 09:59 AM   #63
Major Player

Make sure your settings are according to this link, see if that might be the problem.

http://supportcenteronline.com/ics/s...asp?deptID=614

Mike
Michael Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2005, 05:33 PM   #64
Major Player

Thanks, I figured it out.

Had to install a sony dvhs driver.
Jason Magbanua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2005, 09:45 AM   #65
Major Player

3 Questions

Hi Cineform guys et all

1. Do I need premiere pro update 1.5.1 to install aspect HD?
2. Why should i buy aspect HD?
3. What spec of PC including graphics card and chipset(amd or pentium) would you recommend?

Kindest Rgds

Yas
Yasser Kassana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 25th, 2005, 10:25 AM   #66
CTO, CineForm Inc.

1) PPro 1.5.1 contains some MPEG component updates that assist in exporting to HDV tape. If your projects are going back to HDV tape, PPro 1.5 will work fine, even PPro 1.0 can used with similar restrictions.

2) There are so many reasons. Quality, speed, support and large community of professional already using it. There are tool in the CineForm products that are not available is any other NLE solution.

3) Required systems are listed here: http://www.cineform.com/products/AspectHDPPro.htm. But that info doesn't reflect the new dual-core solutions which are excellent for Aspect HD. I have used Pentium D systems and amazed at the performance running Aspect HD. I haven't used an Althon X2 yet but I hear similar positive feedback from end-users.
Old October 26th, 2005, 04:00 PM   #67
Major Player

Why Cineform Works for Me

After two months of research we settled on Cineform (two weeks ago).

We're still making some changes to our system (we're trying a different motherboard), but I did get to do some editing for one evening. I was amazed by how responsive and stable the system was.

The realtime effects work as promised.

With the price you can get the adobe video collection AND Aspect HD, it is a no-brainer. It's relatively close to the price of the adobe collection alone.

The Cineform codec for HDV is by far superior than the plugin Adobe offers (I've tried both).

We built a very fast editing system for under 2k. When we finish it I will post specs to the forum.

This is the fourth editing system I've put together in the last 8 years of production, and I'm very excited about it.

I will no longer tell people: "My system can do anything that a $100,000 avid system can do--it just might take a little longer."

Now I will tell them that my system is better AND faster.

This question has been discussed previously. Here are a couple threads to check:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthread.php?t=52804

This one has a lot of un-needed stuff in it so I copied some relevant parts below:

http://www.dvinfo.net/conf/showthrea...2hdv+plugin%22

It is more than just a codec. The codec is part of Premiere Pro 1.5.1

It is the acceleration and fancy realtime effects that are worth the money. Worth every penny. If we had to do without Cineform in the market, we would still be waiting for Vegas and Premiere Pro to have a solution. Although you can buy the MainConcept solution for less money, you know?

But Aspect HD 3.0 is far superior to the other solutions, and if it costs money then you have to either justify it, or do without.

As some people say, there is no gravity, the earth sucks.

Remember what it cost befor Premiere Pro 1.5.1 was announced? $999

So you are getting a HUGE discount now.

Paul, to me the value of Aspect HD for PPro 151 is in the following:

1. I can edit HDV in real time on my *existing* hardware, today.

2. I get huge savings in hard drive storage requirements, as AHD avi's are only about twice the size of the original m2t's (at Medium Size seting), while image quality afforded by AHD codec is still OK. And I'm picky on quality.

So as always, you can get any 2 of speed, price, quality. AHD gives you speed and quality.

If you want price and quality, simply transcode your m2t's into uncompressed AVI's; then make a low-res offline copy of them; edit offline footage; then replace it with the high-res AVI's. You'll lose a lot of time and HDD storage, but will win on price - no AHD required.

I also think that AHD is a bit overpriced at $500; I'd figure $300 is more reasonable for what it does. But, since AHD is the only game in Wintel town, they can sell it at whatever the market allows.

Bottom line: I bought Aspect HD at $500 for a commercial project, and it was 100% worth it for me.

As for you, "pick any 2 of Speed, Price, or Quality" rule always applies - so it's your decision.
Digital Storyteller (Sony HDV, Aspect HD)
Soundtrack Creation & Royalty Free Music Production
www.stock20.com
Daniel Rudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 01:37 PM   #68
Major Player

Aspect HD with Vegas + PPro?

Hi everyone, my question is - will Aspect work with Vegas and PPro, or do you need the connect HD to work with Vegas?

Seems like most people on the Cineform thread are PPro users, any input on the pro/con of each? I just got a Sony HC-1 so I need HDV capability. Using the Demo version of PPro vs Vegas, in my limited time with them, they each have pro/cons. However, the reviews seem to favor Vegas. I assume they had the full version and were able to dive deeper into them then I have. Making an AVI file with each and importing to Premiere Elements - so I can burn a DVD -It seems Vegas puts out a richer color pallette, but if I was using the cineform codec, maybe this would not happen.
Also I've heard rumor of a new version of PPro - anyone else? If I buy the Adobe Video Collection, and there is a new version in a few months, is Adobe pretty reasonable on the upgrade, or will it cost big $$. Thanks, PK
Paul Kepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 04:08 PM   #69
Inner Circle

Aspect in Vegas

I believe I saw in one of the threads that Cineform, if you have Aspect, also gives you Connect. (I believe the question there was if I upgrade to Aspect from Connect, will I get a credit. ) The Cineform people at that point seemed to indicate you would'nt pay for both. But connect does offer a separate funtionality for capture so I may be wrong...

Chris Barcellos
Chris Barcellos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2006, 04:28 PM   #70
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Every feature of Connect HD is within Aspect HD, so if you are using PPro and Vegas on the one PC, one installation of Aspect will do the trick.

Yes you can upgrade Connect HD to Aspect HD, here is the FAQ : http://www.cineform.com/products/FAQ.htm#Other3
Old January 5th, 2006, 12:24 AM   #71
Major Player

Thanks Chris and David

Thanks for the info. Thats good news! Do you guys use PPro or Vegas? Any advantages/dis-advantages to either for working with HDV? Thanks Again - PK
Paul Kepen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2006, 12:44 PM   #72
Space Hipster

Aspect 4, Cineform and HVX200

I saw on the Cineform site, there is somewhat cryptic note that Aspect 4 will support the HVX but "no details at this time".

For those of on HVX200 order lists and PC users not nuts about spending huges $$$ on cross platfrom upgrades, the delay in HVX shipments is relief.

I'm currently using Vegas 6 but not optimistic that Sony is going to let them full-out support DVCPro-HD and P2.

Can you say at least when the details will be announced? And is "support" = full support (P2, MXF, Metadata, 1080p @ 24fps, Variable frame rates?).

Thanks for any crumbs you can throw my way...
Old January 21st, 2006, 05:22 PM   #73
Major Player

Aspect HD v4 now live

My esteemed colleague David Newman is out of Internet access for about 48 hours, so I thought I'd jump in and tell you that AHD v4 is now live.

Sorry for the 24 hour delay - Michael, I hope you got some sleep last night! :-)

The Other David.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2006, 06:46 PM   #74
Major Player

Thanks David, just tried a few things, importing old projects for one, worked perfectly so far, right now I am exporting a sequence from the timeline to compare with the same export I made earlier today, it appears to be taking a bit longer than before, although that may be an Adobe thing, conforming was actually a lot faster on PPro2, will post as I go, Thanks for getting that up!

Mike
Michael Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2006, 07:36 PM   #75
Major Player

2 things about Aspect 4.0 I noticed

The audio problem is back with the lag my exported video is 4minutes 10 seconds and 20 frames long, the project is 4min 7 sec 6 frames long, 3 second difference. and now you get the "green" screen if you use a premiere "Black video" by itself on a track, before you needed to put black video in an empty portion of a track that was rendering the work area or you would get green screen in that section.

Mike
Michael Stewart is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase