Aspect HD questions -- all versions - Page 8 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old July 21st, 2006, 06:48 AM   #106
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman
Now you mention using DVCPRO50 at 1080i/24P, sorry that doesn't sense, did you mean DVCPRO-HD (not 50?) Are you thinking of upressing SD DVCPRO50 to 1080p?

Note: Any pulldown should be removed by HDLink not Premiere.
Up-ressing was not my intention; I very recently got the computer and am learning Aspect. I have never used it and am eager to learn.

When I recorded the clip, the HVX "Recording Setup" menu had these values:

REC FORMAT = 1080i/24P

480i REC MODE = DVCPRO50 (Defaulted by menu, in blue, & can't be changed unless I change REC FORMAT)

REC FUNCTION = NORMAL

Am returning to owner manual to re-study camera menu. Obviously I need to learn more.
Our actions are based on our own experience and knowledge. Thus, no one is ever totally right, nor totally wrong. We simply act from what we "know" to be true, based on that experience and knowledge. Beyond that, we pose questions to others.
Denis Danatzko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2006, 08:52 PM   #107
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Aspect HD 4.2.1 and Connect HD 3.2 are now available

Lots of updates over at www.cineform.com
Old September 20th, 2006, 01:35 PM   #108
Major Player

Any status on Prospect HD update?

Dave
Dave Campbell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 20th, 2006, 01:48 PM   #109
Major Player

Dave, we're finishing up certification with Adobe on Prospect HD, so we were going to delay a general Prospect HD update for customers until cert is completed (probably next couple weeks). If the new HDLink features are what triggered your question, then get hold of us privately and we can help you out....

David.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2006, 09:08 PM   #110
Tourist

Aspect HD output overlay issue

Hello,

I am using AspectHD, with a Quadro 3450 and a Dell 2405 and Dell 2407. When scrubbing, the Dell 2407 outputs at the correct 16:9 aspect ratio. Though when I play the footage, it plays back at something like 8:3.

When i click off disable preview overlay, it plays at the correct aspect ratio.

Why is my video playing back at the wrong aspect ratio when not in preview mode?

thanks!

Jon
Jon Corun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2006, 09:22 PM   #111
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Good question, one for the support team as I have not seen that. Try updating your NVidia drivers, if that doesn't correct it, file a trouble ticket with cineform.com/support.
Old December 6th, 2006, 08:52 AM   #112
Trustee

ATI cards and overlay in premiere with aspect HD

I posted a ticket for this with Cineform but I thought I'd see if any of you have this issue or not.

Using Premiere Pro 1.5.1 and 2.0 along with latest Aspect HD and latest ATI drivers for Radeon X1950. I have the HD component out of the Radeon hooked to a HDTV and it is setup to display overlay onto the HDTV. This works in all apps and in media player. Click a movie...it plays full screen to the HDTV. Beauty.

However in both version of Premiere when I enable overlay support in Cineform playback settings, I cannot get timeline scrubbing to work on HDTV. If I hit spacebar it streams to the HDTV beautifully. However when I stop it the HDTV goes black. No amount of scrubbing or opening effects ever gets output to HDTV. When I press spacebar, presto, it starts working again.

Anyone using an similar setup? I tried this 3 weeks ago and it was working. Now, not working. I rebuilt my PC from scratch and changed no hardware. Just a clean install. The only difference I can think of is I upgraded to the November build of Aspect. 3 weeks ago I was still using the previous build. I don't know if that could cause it.

To give a little more insight, when switching from scrubbing to previewing inside premiere on a normal working build, you can tell the output is switching modes....meaning when scrubbing it is showing a higher res version to the overlay. When you press spacebar, the screen flickers and the overlay switches to a different playback mode. When you go to scrub again, the screen flcikers and goes back to scrubbing mode. This is normal and I have seen this on many machines.

However on mine, scrubbing seems to work when I first open Premiere. But once I hit spacebar and it switches to preview, it seems to never go back to scrubbing mode. I just get a blank screen. And this does not bode well for color correcting or applying subtle effects that require viewing on the actual HDTV for accuracy.

Hope someone has some insight.

Thanks All!

I will inform you if I get this resolved with Cineform. In the meantime let me know if you have any ideas.

Marty
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 12:04 AM   #113
Major Player

Aspect HD - Export to M2T Issue

Anyone using Aspect HD to Export to m2t file have a failure come up after you press save telling you "Unable to Create M2T file"?

I have been attempting to use this method to create and M2T for export to tape via HDLINK and each time I press save I get this response and I'm back to square one.

I tried to google this and checked all the support FAQ's on Cineform.com and can't come up with a good reason.

Anyone?
Miguel

UPDATE: Never mind, found the answer, didn't realize that I needed 1.51 on the system, once I installed the old Premier Pro it worked.

Last edited by Miguel Lombana; December 17th, 2006 at 12:50 AM.
Miguel Lombana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 07:04 PM   #114
Trustee

Aspect Convert m2v???

I need to edit a video file that is only available as 480 60i .m2v type mpeg. Can Cineform Aspect convert this file to cineform .avi for edit in PPro???
What would happen if i renamed the file to .m2t and tried Cineform conversion? Would it convert to 480i 4:2:2 .avi? The video and color quality are only just acceptable as is, so I am trying to avoid degrading the color any further by color resampling that accompanies multiple conversions between DV and mpeg.
I am also trying to avoid reinventing the wheel.
Would appreciate any help.
Robert Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 26th, 2007, 07:20 PM   #115
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Yes the HDLink tool within Aspect HD can do that conversion very easily. No need to rename it to *.M2T (although that will work), in the file select within HDLink just set the "Files of type:" to *.*, select the *.M2V files and conversion will process as it would with other file types.
Old February 27th, 2007, 06:10 PM   #116
Trustee

Thank you David. I tried renaming to m2t, etc., but HD link wouldn't buy it.
I'll follow your procedure. It's good to know that Aspect can do this.
Old March 1st, 2007, 12:14 PM   #117
Trustee

Aspect on 2 Workstations???

Can Aspect be activated on more than one system? I tried entering my activation code on my second editing workstation, but it was rejected as "invalid". I would hate to have to purchase a full price version just to have the convience.
Thanks
Old March 1st, 2007, 12:33 PM   #118
Inner Circle

You can put it on your desktop and your laptop, but I don't think you can put it on two desktops. If you need to put it on your laptop, just put a ticket into CineForm and they will help you out. Check with them for dual desktops, but I doubt it.

Mike
Old March 1st, 2007, 12:56 PM   #119
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Each activation code is hardware locked, so that is why your activation key doesn't work on the second system, yet we do look in the other direction for a getting a second activation (i.e. it works on two systems), yet the official policy is one license per installation.
Old March 1st, 2007, 02:41 PM   #120
Inner Circle

You da man David!

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase