DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Footage not showing up properly in timeline or program monitor (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/208008-footage-not-showing-up-properly-timeline-program-monitor.html)

Craig Irving April 17th, 2009 11:05 AM

Footage not showing up properly in timeline or program monitor

I recently installed the beta, but I don't think it's related to any bugs there. I think it's just in my migration from an Aspect HD project last used with Premiere Pro CS3, and importing it into a brand new Prospect 4 project in Premiere Pro CS4.

I filed a trouble-ticket, but some of you may have run into this and it'd be nice to get up and running sooner. All of my footage imports okay, and I can play everything back in my source monitor, however in the sequences that I imported I tried to run them and I just get a black screen. In the timeline, most clips just have gray diagonal lines. I thought it was because the clips weren't linked to the media anymore, but when I right-click and choose "Reveal in Project" it shows me the clip in the Library pane. When I double-click it from the library pane, it loads in the source monitor, however when I double-click it from the time-line to play I just see a black screen, no image. It's strange, cause they were all converted using HD-Link (using the "High" preset). All from the same camera and all at the same frame rate too... yet 80% of the material just won't play from my timelines displaying. Of course I can drag it from the Library pane and bring it down to the timeline and it works great, but then I would have to re-edit everything. Is there something simple I can do to fix it? How did I manage to screw up my sequences anyway? Is it a codec issue? Something to do with that VFW vs Cineform's decorder thing? Maybe it's just a Premiere issue, and I'm confused.

Any one have any suggestions?

Thanks.

David Newman April 17th, 2009 02:12 PM

It is Premiere confused, CineForm has no control over this. Often this bug is in Premiere's time remapping -- remove timeline remap control point, it has likely added some on the clips that don't play.

Craig Irving April 17th, 2009 02:18 PM

I don't remember applying any time-remapping to any clips, but I will try your advice and see if I can fix it now.

Thanks David.

David Newman April 17th, 2009 02:26 PM

Premirre does it for you -- it is a known bug we moving projects between versions -- I just don't know if it is in CS4.

Craig Irving April 18th, 2009 12:13 AM

Hmmm, couldn't figure out what it is you were suggesting I do. The speed/duration of the clips were already 100%, I tried changing them to 0% and then back to 100%. Then I tried increasing it by 1% and going back. The clip is not recognized at all in any of these states. They clips don't have any effects or anything on them to complicate things either.

I guess after all that waiting for Prospect 4/CS4 support I'm back to installing CS3, cause I can't re-edit this project it's too big. I didn't have any problem importing non-Cineform projects from CS3 to CS4 so I dunno why it's only a Premiere bug I've experienced with this project. Kinda frustrating.

David Newman April 18th, 2009 10:40 AM

All you have to do it turn off the key frames in time remap, nothing else. AND contact Adobe support if the problem persists. I know you come here because you will get better support but this one is ALL Adobe.