New CineForm Website and Tech Support Site Posted! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old April 18th, 2009, 07:52 PM   #1
Major Player

New CineForm Website and Tech Support Site Posted!

Continuing our trend of introducing many new things around NAB, I'm pleased to tell you that we finally have a brand new website! Many of you have been telling us for a long time that our previous website was a mess, and we've finally completed the new design.

As you're aware we have lots of information about our technology and products, and organizing the information in a logical manner was difficult with our old site infrastructure. Frankly it caused many people to become frustrated with out website. So...in the new design there are actually two sites - a main information site plus a technical support site that we call the Tech Blog.

The main website CineForm Home Page is normally where you go for company information, basic product information and specs, and news about our market and customer initiatives. The main information site is modern in its design and navigation infrastructure. Aside from some bugs on the main site and its need for more graphics (which will come in the near future) it is mostly done. Please check it out and let us know what you think.

Once you've become a CineForm customer you'll normally use our Tech Blog for detailed product and technical information: Cineform Tech Blog. As its name implies the format of the Tech Blog is as a blog. That means you can communicate directly with us about various FAQ, Tech Notes, and product updates that we post as blogs. You'll notice on the Tech Blog site you can navigate using the right-hand links. Also, you can search. When I've played with the Tech Blog site I've found the search capability quite useful. We have lots of information on the Tech Blog, and you can usually get right at it by searching.

While the main website is mostly complete, we will continue to evolve the Tech Blog a lot and continue to make it easier to find information. We have many ideas for this, and we would also like to hear what you think. For now trouble tickets will still be filed through our "older" ticket process. This will be getting an overhaul in the coming couple months also.

As a final comment, you likely will find some bugs. Please let us know about them and we'll try to get them fixed right away. We are at NAB this upcoming week but we'll try to make sure that bugs in the site are handled as soon as possible.

Don't worry, we still plan to hang out at DVInfo.net, but hopefully you'll also enjoy the new website and Tech Blog!
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2009, 08:52 PM   #2
Trustee

David, the new site is brilliant. Particularly the Tech Blog. It has already solved the main problem I've had with PHD v4/CS4.
Trying to find info on the old site was the kiss of death- the new Tech Blog should help you very much with product support.
Well done!
Old April 18th, 2009, 09:32 PM   #3
Major Player

hmm!

I am still seeing the old website!

And the tech blog does not open for me.

Am I going nuts?

;)
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 18th, 2009, 11:01 PM   #4
Major Player

Simon, the site is new as of Saturday evening (in California). It "propagates" through the Internet, so it might just take you a bit longer to see it - but it is live. Make sure you do a refresh in your browser.

Robert, thank you. We hope the new Tech Blog makes your life easier - which means it'll make our life easier!
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 01:26 AM   #5
Regular Crew

The new Website looks great, but the old one was easier to read. The fonts were darker.
Carlos Bustamante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 02:20 AM   #6
Major Player

The new website look great! I did notice one small thing about the e-mail which goes out when one requests the link to an update. The e-mail contains links to things like the "NeoScene" page, the "Tech Notes" page and the "FAQ" page and these links have not been updated in the e-mail to reflect their locations on the new web site.
John Cline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 03:40 AM   #7
Major Player

A fantastic improvement.
Well done!
A more techno looking site for a techno products.

Last edited by Gary Brun; April 19th, 2009 at 05:37 AM.
Gary Brun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 08:34 AM   #8
Regular Crew

Very nice clean design. Much nicer. However as a web developer, may I suggest your developers please put all that CSS that is in the code behind into an external .css files. Make for faster load times and better for search engines.
Brant Gajda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 05:38 PM   #9
Major Player

wow!

It worked finally!

Looks great!

Congrats!

I do websites too and know what a pain in the b**t they can be.

Good job!

Simon
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2009, 05:42 PM   #10
New Boot

The new site looks lovely, but I have to register an objection: I hate sites that play sounds without asking permission. I was just editing some very quiet footage, so my volume is set quite high. Needless to say, the Slumdog Millionaire clip blasted my ears. Otherwise, great work!
Old April 20th, 2009, 06:32 AM   #11
Regular Crew

Hot Topics Links

Great website guys, although the sound from Slum Dog Millionaire was an unwelcome surprise.

I find that none of the links under hot topics work. They all bring me back to the home page. You might take a look at it.

Good luck at the NAB show today.

Marty Rahn
Martin Rahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2009, 07:24 AM   #12
Major Player

Guys, thanks for the comments so far.

Martin / Angus, I respect your comments about audio. I admit I don't like audio in website playing without being invited. I think we'll review this with our web designers.
David Taylor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase