DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   First Light video demo (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/234013-first-light-video-demo.html)

David Taylor April 25th, 2009 10:05 AM

First Light video demo

First Light will be available as a Beta release on both Windows and Mac sometime the week of April 27.

In the mean time First Light was received quite enthusiastically at NAB. Dave Basulto from Filmmaking Central did a great interview and demo with David Newman. For those of you who'd like a preview of First Light, take a look: NAB09 Cineform reveals real time color corrector! | Filmmaking Central - The Process of Filmmaking

Marty Baggen April 25th, 2009 12:56 PM

A fabulous product and a brilliant synopsis from David. Wish I was there this year.

Ray Bell April 25th, 2009 10:27 PM

seeing it demo'd like that shows just how great first light is going to be...

can't wait to start using it...

Thanks for showing it to us..

Henry Olonga April 26th, 2009 03:01 AM

Awesome

Can't wait to give it a spin.Was considering Speedgrade for colour grading but this just saved me a whole lota dosh - and it's a free upgrade.Wooohoo!!!! You guys are amazing - keep up the good work.

Robert Young April 26th, 2009 03:08 AM

David- are you anticipating release of the full version of Prospect HD around the same time frame??

Richard Leadbetter April 26th, 2009 05:50 AM

Absolutely spectacular. Talk about added value.

Just one question - what if you cut a single clip on the Premiere timeline and you want to invoke different grading on each clip? Does the single clip need to be separated into multiple files?

Paul Mailath April 26th, 2009 06:56 AM

top product - great accent!

Pete Bauer April 26th, 2009 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert Young (Post 1133352)
David- are you anticipating release of the full version of Prospect HD around the same time frame??

Perhaps David will have more specific info to share, but in talking with him at NAB, I got the impression that the Prospect real time engine is chasing API changes that'll occur in the late May Adobe update. So unfortunately don't be surprised if it takes a couple more months before the complete Prospect products are ready. Hope not, but that's what I got from the conversation.

Stephen Armour April 26th, 2009 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete Bauer (Post 1133401)
Perhaps David will have more specific info to share, but in talking with him at NAB, I got the impression that the Prospect real time engine is chasing API changes that'll occur in the late May Adobe update. So unfortunately don't be surprised if it takes a couple more months before the complete Prospect products are ready. Hope not, but that's what I got from the conversation.

Pete, I saw the Adobe announcement on the CS4 update, but where did you see the info on the "late May" release? Doesn't seem like Adobe to announce an update so far ahead...

Ray Bell April 27th, 2009 05:31 AM

Here's some info on Adobe updating CS4...

Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 Version 4.1 Update

Matt Vanecek April 27th, 2009 07:30 AM

This thing looks really awesome!! Can't wait to see if I can get it--surely looks like it'll beat applying normal color balance on the clips in PPro, especially when you need the effect applied to all cuts of a monolithic clip!

Thanks,
Matt

Michael Liebergot April 27th, 2009 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Taylor (Post 1133120)
First Light will be available as a Beta release on both Windows and Mac sometime the week of April 27.

In the mean time First Light was received quite enthusiastically at NAB. Dave Basulto from Filmmaking Central did a great interview and demo with David Newman. For those of you who'd like a preview of First Light, take a look: NAB09 Cineform reveals real time color corrector! | Filmmaking Central - The Process of Filmmaking

David, will First Light be part of all Cineform releases?
And will those who purchased NEOHD v3 recently get a free update to NEOHDv4 with First Light?

David Newman April 27th, 2009 01:37 PM

All release except for the consumer Neo Scene product. Resent purchasers are grandfathered in.

Simon Zimmer April 27th, 2009 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Bell (Post 1133796)
Here's some info on Adobe updating CS4...

Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 Version 4.1 Update

Thanks for the update. I can't wait for PPCS4 to work better with 64bit!!!!

:))))))

Ted Joyce April 30th, 2009 11:45 AM

First Light

David,
Loved the video demo. Seems a great product if you've captured all your scenes as descrete files.

What about a work flow where you import one large file, and during editing keep dividing it into many clips. Can these be brought back into first light easily?
Is there any way to get multiple clips up in First light to match clip to clip grading?