DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   HFS10 - Third shoot to Cineform with DIY Rotorazor (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/234213-hfs10-third-shoot-cineform-diy-rotorazor.html)

Henry Olonga April 28th, 2009 10:30 AM

HFS10 - Third shoot to Cineform with DIY Rotorazor

For those who are interested in DIY digital cinema - This is my third outdoor shoot to Cineform with the Canon HFS10 and the SGBlade.

Third HFS10 Composite HD capture to Cineform Shoot35 SGBlade on Vimeo

The Rotorazor is one I made myself to allow maximum light through and it also increases sharpness significantly.I couldn't wait for Rotorazor three in late May so gave it one more go at making my own.

Thanks Wayne from Shoot35 for the glass discs.I finally cracked it after weeks.

All shot to Cineform using my portable Cineform recorder.Camera set to Cinemode and 24p.Pulldown removal by Cineform.

I have to say that Cineform is the best investment I have made in Video.It has surpassed my expectations.

When can we give first light a spin.I am so keen to try it out.

David Taylor April 28th, 2009 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Henry Olonga (Post 1134472)
When can we give first light a spin.I am so keen to try it out.

Soon...very soon! Probably end of the week....

David Newman April 29th, 2009 09:25 AM

Those are some nice images. I hadn't heard of SGBlade before.

Henry Olonga April 30th, 2009 04:28 PM

Great stuff

Nice to hear from you guys and looking forward to giving first light a spin.90 % of my videos on Vimeo are Cineform realtime captures using a Blackmagic design capture card so check out the rest if you care.

SGblade is the best kept secret and best value for money at the moment.

I have been shooting HDMI captures for almost a year and Cineform has been at the heart of all my shoots.The quality is truly superb guys - I know you know that already but let me personally take the opportunity to thank you for all your hard work.
As an acquisition codec it retains all the quality I wish for and it performs pulldown removal in real time like a champion.Truly the indies greatest tool.First light is amazing added value.If you guys ever want a showcase shot free of charge ( I am in London ) - Just let me know and I can spare the time to shoot for you.
You guys gave me a generous discount on my second license so one good turn deserves another.

By the way David - I am married to an Aussie.You sound like one in your video from NAB.

Bob Curnow May 4th, 2009 09:08 PM

Very nice! Have you had any luck yet with hdmi capture via HF-S10? Do you think it's related to it being hdmi 1.3, or x.v. color?

Thanks,
Bob C

Henry Olonga May 5th, 2009 04:55 AM

Hi Bob

No luck so far and it may be the HDMI version because I can capture Xv colour using my sony SR11.Somone on another site suggested using an HDMI splitter and I am a still to check that option out.Will Know soon enough

Bob Curnow June 14th, 2009 04:03 PM

Any luck yet?
Any other hdmi capture cards besides black magic? I'm working on a live studio capture setup; just got my hf-s10 but need to order the hdmi capture card. I remember seeing a post a month or two ago about another device that might work. Now I can't find it.

Bob C

Bob Curnow June 15th, 2009 11:30 AM

To answer myself, it is the mxo2 mini by matrox that I was thinking of. Seems like we have a few choices now, from low cost to quite costly.
intensity
mxo2 mini
nanoflash

Exciting times!
Bob C