DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   No Cineform thumbnails in Adobe Bridge (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/234226-no-cineform-thumbnails-adobe-bridge.html)

Joye Argo April 28th, 2009 01:05 PM

No Cineform thumbnails in Adobe Bridge

Can anyone tell me why Adobe Bridge (part of After Effects CS4 - not a creative suite) will play previews of Cineform files but not show a thumbnail?
Is there some setting I'm missing? It auto generates thumbnails for AVI uncompressed and with several other codecs, MOV, m2t, etc.
But not for files created using Cineform codec V4.84
Thanks for any advice

Joye Argo June 17th, 2009 07:34 AM

Do NEO Player and NEOScene work on the same machine?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joye Argo (Post 1134548)
Can anyone tell me why Adobe Bridge (part of After Effects CS4 - not a creative suite) will play previews of Cineform files but not show a thumbnail?
Is there some setting I'm missing? It auto generates thumbnails for AVI uncompressed and with several other codecs, MOV, m2t, etc.
But not for files created using Cineform codec V4.84
Thanks for any advice

Still no thumbnails of cineform encoded avis will show up in Adobe Bridge CS4.
Since originally posting this issue back in April, I have determined that a NEOPlayer install seems to be required to get thumbnails of cineform encoded files to display in Adobe Bridge (which is an important part of my work flow). Unfortunately, I cannot get NEOScene to function properly when the player is installed on my (XP Pro) machine. I upgraded to the newest versions of NEOScene and Adobe Media Encoder and tried installing player first/NEOScene first, etc. The player screws up NEOScene every time. I have put in a support ticket with Cineform which was closed without being resolved to my satisfaction. They told me to buy Cineform HD - but I am not doing HD renders, so that makes no sense to me.
If I install the NEOPlayer, the thumbnails in Bridge work, but the license for NEOScene tells me that I need a Cineform HD license to render a 4:3 (800X600) avi in Adobe Media Encoder. If I uninstall the player and reinstall NEOScene, the render is fine in Adobe Media Encoder, but I get no thumbnails in Bridge.
Seems like a bug to me. Does anyone else use Bridge in their work flow? Anyone have any solutions or ideas about this? I have wasted a lot of time installing and uninstalling and upgrading, etc. with no luck - so any suggestion would be appreciated.

Rob Read June 17th, 2009 09:15 AM

I have exactly the same issue with no thumbnails or white thumbnails in Bridge CS4 and Cineform files. To get thumbnails, I do this:

Browse to folder containing Cineform avi files. I purge the cache for that folder and quickly exit Bridge CS4 before they can redraw. I then load up Bridge CS4 and it will draw the thumbnails.

If I clear the cache again, then I get no thumbnails or white thumbnails on the redraw. Bridge CS4 only seems to draw them correctly when it first starts up.

In Windows Explorer, to get thumbnails to draw, I have to have an Open File dialog set to show Thumbnails before they will draw in Windows Explorer.

I have the latest version of NeoScene, but it has been doing this since the beginning. Not tried with Neo Player. I am on Vista 64 HP SP2.

Joye Argo June 17th, 2009 09:44 AM

It Works!

Rob,
Thanks so much! I now have thumbnails...(hoping they will stay between sessions). I never thought to try clearing the folder cache - actually I didn't know I could clear the cache for a single folder.
Still - my brain wants to know why this is necessary. I really believe it is a bug that the Player seems to corrupt the NEOScene license functioning.