DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Neo Scene renaming (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/234335-neo-scene-renaming.html)

Jeff Harper April 30th, 2009 07:14 AM

Neo Scene renaming

Does anyone know if there is a way for Neo Scene to convert footage without adding the triple digit number at the end of the name of the newly converted clip?

Where it says "Base Capture Name" in preferences I tried blanking it out, and it worked once, but only once. For subsequent sessions it has reverted to adding the digits even though I check preferences and re-blanked it out.

Keith Paisley April 30th, 2009 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Harper (Post 1135423)
Does anyone know if there is a way for Neo Scene to convert footage without adding the triple digit number at the end of the name of the newly converted clip?

Where it says "Base Capture Name" in preferences I tried blanking it out, and it worked once, but only once. For subsequent sessions it has reverted to adding the digits even though I check preferences and re-blanked it out.

I had the same problem and figured out that if you untick the box that says "Split Scenes (HDV conversion only)" it will stop padding the files names.

Jeff Harper April 30th, 2009 08:06 AM

Thanks Keith, I appreciate it!

Jeff Harper April 30th, 2009 08:11 AM

Oooops, it is still doing it. I had that box unchecked already, as I thought, but made sure, and darn that is aggravating.

Keith Paisley April 30th, 2009 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff Harper (Post 1135447)
Oooops, it is still doing it. I had that box unchecked already, as I thought, but made sure, and darn that is aggravating.

really? that's very strange. I just tried a few things with a short test clip and I can reliably turn on/off the numeric padding simply by ticking/unticking that box. are you outputting the files to a different destination folder? Mine is currently set up to put them in the same folder as the input files.

Jeff Harper April 30th, 2009 09:36 AM

Destinatin folder is the same...I've tried it literally about a dozen times, probably many more since last night and the result is the same. I always go to preferences first to make sure...I've tried using same folder for destination and different one.

Keith Paisley April 30th, 2009 12:18 PM

that sounds like something is glitching. I believe it is designed to work the way I've described it. Maybe try uninstall/reinstalling it?? It might be a good idea to deactivate it before you uninstall it.

by the way, there's another similar tickbox option in the prefs but I think it's only related to capturing/converting hdv streams.

Jeff Harper April 30th, 2009 12:26 PM

I think it is a glitch too, thanks.