DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Preview on dedicated monitor in Vista/Server2008--What works? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/234354-preview-dedicated-monitor-vista-server2008-what-works.html)

Jon Larson April 30th, 2009 12:06 PM

Preview on dedicated monitor in Vista/Server2008--What works?

Hi folks,

I've got a box running Premier CS3/ProspectHD on Server 2008(x64). Right now, we have a cheap Quadro NVS195(?) that does OK, but we would really like to be able to output a preview signal to a secondary monitor. We have a dedicated preview monitor for this (Sony LMD-2030W) with an available HDMI port.

I've gone through all the threads about lack of overlay support by NVidia/Vista. I've also seen some people recommend various ATI cards and the Matrox APVe; but those recomendations don't mention which OS is being used, and a lot of things that work on XP break on Vista.

So here is my request: If you use Vista or Server 2008 (especially 64-bit), and are able to redirect your timeline preview from Premier/Prospect to full-screen on a second monitor, would you mind sharing the card/drivers/settings you use to make it work?

Also--does anybody know what's the status on preview via Blackmagik Intensity HDMI out?

Jon Larson May 6th, 2009 10:39 AM

Bump

Just in case anyone missed the question...

Glenn Babcock May 6th, 2009 11:55 AM

Jon,

I have this working on my rig:

Windows 7 64-bit (build 7100)
CS4
ProspectHD 4 beta
GeForce 8800 GTX (181.72)
Dell 2007WFP as monitor #1
Dell E248WFP as monitor #2

To enable full screen preview of the Program Monitor on monitor #2, select the timeline, the select the Sequence menu, Sequence Settings, Playback Settings, and under External Device select Monitor:2...

I don't know what issues others are having, but this works great for me. If Premiere has the focus then monitor #2 goes to full screen preview mode. If I click out onto something else then monitor #2 reverts back to extended desktop.

I calibrate monitor #2 with a Spyder 3. Great for color correction.

Regards,
Glenn

Glenn Babcock May 6th, 2009 12:32 PM

Also, when FirstLight is playing nice it's great to have it running on monitor #2 as well. Then I can toggle between full-screen PPro and FirstLight on the same screen to adjust color.

Jon Larson May 6th, 2009 12:40 PM

Thanks for the information Glen.

Not sure if this matters, but what connections do you have for Monitors 1&2--e.g. DVI, HDMI, VGA?

Jon

Glenn Babcock May 6th, 2009 12:46 PM

NP. #1 is DVI, #2 is VGA (I run #2 through a console switch to use with other systems).

Gary Brun May 6th, 2009 01:49 PM

I am using Cs4, quadro NVS 450 and have three monitors running.
My CPU is i7 920 and vista ultimate 64 with 12g DDR3 1600mhz

Jon Larson May 6th, 2009 02:24 PM

Thanks Glen.. That's obviously a very recent setup, so I wonder if you ever used that monitor setup with earlier versions of Premier--e.g. CS3?

Glenn Babcock May 6th, 2009 02:32 PM

No, I never tried it in CS3. Don't have that running anymore or I would test it for you.