beta for CS4 causing issues with dv files in Premiere at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 1st, 2009, 06:32 AM   #1
Trustee

beta for CS4 causing issues with dv files in Premiere

I have opened a trouble ticket for this but I thought I would also ask here to see if anyone else is seeing this.

I am running Vista ULtimate 64bit.....clean install with Adobe CS3 & CS4 Production suites.

I have been running the latest version of Prospect inside of CS3 and largely ignoring CS4 for a while. I had some DV footage supplied by a client and was in the midst of editing it when I installed CS4 beta prospect software.

Initially I tested extensively inside of CS4 playing around with HD clips and all was ok. I assumed that CS3 would stay mostly unchanged. But when I went back to work on my DV project in CS3 it just crashes each time I load it. I rebooted, used the shift key trick, nothing would allow my almost finshed 1 hour long dv project to load. So I removed the Cineform folder from CS3 plugins and now my project loads fine. I restored the entire folder but left out the file that is the CFHD_IMporter (not exact name) and it still works. Then I restored that and it starts crashing again. So I tried a fresh project in DV and the minute I import any DV .avi file, Premiere CS3 crashes. If I remove the CIneform importer file, DV files import fine again.

And to be clear it is not just on import. If I open a project that already has a DV file anywhere in it, Premiere crashes too. So.......

I am wondering if this is happeneing to anyone else. I realize that most of us edit HD now, that is part of the reason we are so gung-ho for CIneform. But surely this behavior is not by design. Anyone else seeing this? Can anyone try to see if this is happening to them also?
I sure hope this is not yet another obscure weird glitch that only affects me and cannot be recreated. I seem to have a thing for those pesky things.

Thanks.
Marty Hudzik is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase