One last 4.0 beta. - Page 10 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 6th, 2009, 08:22 AM   #136
New Boot

Seems there a lot of Import Process Server crashes, including my system. Does anyone have any further info on a possible cause?
Cameron Smeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 08:47 AM   #137
Major Player

I have been asking the same question and no response? I am installing an drivers side airbag my face in beginning to hurt
Bruce Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 08:59 AM   #138
New Boot

I noticed your post Bruce. I had a go at Adobe support yesterday but got a 'It's not us, it's you' response and then silence which didn't help me of course. I'm waiting for David to chime in with a possible update.

One tip which may help others in this forum with jittery playback in CS4 off an Nvidia card, is that the current beta driver 185.81 seems to have corrected this for me. I have an 8800GTS and the beta driver fixed playback on reboot. Curiously, it also repaired issues with the Nvidia PhysX config not being recognised in CS4.

Off topic, but thought I'd mention it for the good of all.
Old May 6th, 2009, 09:12 AM   #139
Regular Crew

HDlink.exe following the PHD 4.0 beta release states version 4.0.1. (1428 kb ). Can someone confirm that this is correct ?
Idar Lettrem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 10:10 AM   #140
Regular Crew

Hello all,

Thought I would jump in with a two questions. I have a laptop running regular vista. I have both CS3 and CS4 production priemuim suite installed. I also have Prospect HD 3.4 installed. I am really trying to only use Premiere Pro CS4 as much as possible. Right now I am able to import my old cineform HDV files that I originally captured with Premiere pro CS3 and Prospect HD 3.4 and import them into Premiere Pro CS4. I have not installed the new beta of Prospect HD 4.0 yet.

My questions are:

When is the non-beta version of Prospect 4.0 going to be available?
When it becomes available and I install it on my laptop will it install correctly on both CS3 and CS4, or will it by default only install to either CS3 or CS4? If so will I be able to manually find the importer files and drop them into CS4 or CS3 so it works in both?

Thanks,

Mark
Mark Rosen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 12:23 PM   #141
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Gruber View Post
It seems to me that cs4 is choking on cf files. The main thing I see is we can not use the cineform presets because there are not present? And I am back to the acceleator is that not present either?
Does anyone have an thought a out this? Dave
I think that the answer to your question is either earlier in this thread or in some other recent thread. CS4 only has the CFHD import and export functions. It has no acceleration yet, nor does it come with the Cineform presets. Cineform is working on those features, but they are presently not included in the beta build (208) that is being publicly tested. Prospect HD/4K V4 does have all the functions implemented for Premiere Pro CS3.

I'm taking a wild guess here that when Adobe releases the PP CS4 4.1 update, later this month, Cineform will release the full blown version of Prospect for CS4.
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 6th, 2009, 12:27 PM   #142
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Smeal View Post
Curiously, it also repaired issues with the Nvidia PhysX config not being recognised in CS4.
I hope that you meant the CS4 Open GL bug, because PhysX (3D particle physics) might be a little crazy for video work. :-)
Old May 6th, 2009, 12:38 PM   #143
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Bloomfield View Post
I think that the answer to your question is either earlier in this thread or in some other recent thread. CS4 only has the CFHD import and export functions. It has no acceleration yet, nor does it come with the Cineform presets. Cineform is working on those features, but they are presently not included in the beta build (208) that is being publicly tested. Prospect HD/4K V4 does have all the functions implemented for Premiere Pro CS3.

I'm taking a wild guess here that when Adobe releases the PP CS4 4.1 update, later this month, Cineform will release the full blown version of Prospect for CS4.
thanks Jay,
I guess at this point the only thing that can be tested is first light? Because I suspect CS4 can't handle the Cineform files without the acceleration! Importert server keeps crashing. And CPU runs solid 100 percent!
Old May 6th, 2009, 12:43 PM   #144
Major Player

Jay not get off topic where did you read about adobe 4.1 release this month? I getting ready to send it back to refund?
Old May 6th, 2009, 01:19 PM   #145
Major Player

Right from the horse's, uhh ... mouth:

Adobe - Adobe Press Room: For immediate release

As to beta testing in Premiere Pro CS4, I would think that Cineform still needs everyone's input on how well importing and rendering CFHD files is working for them. I've only encountered one Import Process Server crash and that was on the previous beta build. Rendering to CFHD works fine for me in CS4.
Old May 6th, 2009, 04:33 PM   #146
New Boot

Quote:
I hope that you meant the CS4 Open GL bug, because PhysX (3D particle physics) might be a little crazy for video work. :-)
Indeed, you're right Jay, I mean't OpenGL. :o)

You're referring to a performance hit when engaging PhysX I take it?

Last edited by Cameron Smeal; May 6th, 2009 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Mistake
Old May 6th, 2009, 05:47 PM   #147
Trustee

Quote:
As to beta testing in Premiere Pro CS4, I would think that Cineform still needs everyone's input on how well importing and rendering CFHD files is working for them. I've only encountered one Import Process Server crash and that was on the previous beta build. Rendering to CFHD works fine for me in CS4.
Jay,
I've had problems with PHD 4 for both import and rendering in CS4
1) Import of HDLink converted EX1 footage: Video previews O.K., but audio track will not import properly
2) Rendering: If I render a CFHD clip from the timeline, the resulting preview image is distorted and squeezed down to the lower third of the frame in the Program monitor.
Raw mp4 and avchd play and render normally in CS4, only a CF issue, and only with EX1 sourced CFHD footage.
I don't know if it's a problem with CS4, PHD4, or if they are just not getting along with each other.
Old May 7th, 2009, 01:10 AM   #148
Regular Crew

I also get squashing of the preview in CS4 but using HDV footage.
Ray Parkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 7th, 2009, 05:29 AM   #149
Major Player

Import Server crash

Ok I think I am on to something. I posted earlier the we you go to export/media and the encoder opens and you set your settings to Cineform.avi 720x480 NTSC wide the output preivew does not fit the width and it should 480 is divisiable by 9 evenly.

So I did the following:
selected Cineform.avi
unlock pixel res. set to 720x490!!!!!!! it fit the output preivew!
set NTCS/wide
set quality to medium
set lowerthirds..

NO CRASHES!!!! File outputs fine and CPU runs about 50 to 70% not maxed out!! Can someone else try this to see if it works for them?? It did not matter if I was using old CF files or new ones!!!
No getting it thru Encore is a different story because when you bring it in to there it wants to screw the width up again and show that the video does not want to fit the width again.
Old May 7th, 2009, 11:07 AM   #150
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Gruber View Post
Ok I think I am on to something. I posted earlier the we you go to export/media and the encoder opens and you set your settings to Cineform.avi 720x480 NTSC wide the output preivew does not fit the width and it should 480 is divisiable by 9 evenly.

So I did the following:
selected Cineform.avi
unlock pixel res. set to 720x490!!!!!!! it fit the output preivew!
set NTCS/wide
set quality to medium
set lowerthirds..

NO CRASHES!!!! File outputs fine and CPU runs about 50 to 70% not maxed out!! Can someone else try this to see if it works for them?? It did not matter if I was using old CF files or new ones!!!
No getting it thru Encore is a different story because when you bring it in to there it wants
to screw the width up again and show that the video does not want to fit the width again.
Sorry 490 not divisable by 9 trying 495
Bruce Gruber is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase