One last 4.0 beta. - Page 12 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 8th, 2009, 12:18 PM   #166
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Hudzik View Post
To be clear, this issue just arrived with CS4? Did it exist in CS3 also? For me I have seen it in both, but I do not export to Cineform SD .avi files, I go straight to mpg2 for DVD authoring. Also, is what I described the same issue you are having? I only see a little bit of black on the far left and right edges.

Marty
Hi Marty correct just started with cs4 but I alway use CF to compress first because Adobe's compressor stinks for compressing sd then I take the CF. Avi into encore for final transcoding and menus the picture is unbelivable for SD
Bruce Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 12:33 PM   #167
Major Player

ImporterProcessServer error!

Wow!

It seems to be worse now.

If I place a cineform .avi on the timeline and check out the movie by scanning through the video with the time marker it crashes after the second try. I always get the importerprocessserver error now.

I am using PPCS4, Vista Business 64 and have 12 GB and 2 quad quores.

This is not fun!

:((((((

Simon
p.s.
I am using the latest beta version of Prospect HD
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 12:44 PM   #168
Major Player

Bruce,

You are correct. Viewing the output (tab) in the Export Settings monitor I do notice that the video does not completely fill the window. Looks like your screen capture. When imported into a DV 720x480 - 16x9 project there is also some space around the outside edge of the video. However, I'm not sure it matters. I right clicked on the clip and selected scale to frame. No change. I'm not sure there is an issue here. Can you upload a segment to rapidshare. I'll take a look at it???

What is the ratio of your original clips? I'm thinking that you may have to do some letter boxing What camera did you shoot your original video with?
Old May 8th, 2009, 01:04 PM   #169
Major Player

Hi Tim,

Should I be doing a support ticket for all these crashes or should I just keep posting here when something NEW happens?

I am assuming that the release of Prospect HD won't happen until after the BIG Adobe updates?

:(

By the way, I never have any crashes in AECS4 if that helps. Cineform likes AECS4 but

HATES

PPCS4

:(
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 01:11 PM   #170
Major Player

Tim
Captured 108060i new Sony Z5u captured with CF resizing (none) so that gives me A 1440x1080 do me a favor create a new timeline Dv NTSC wide use one of the presets. Now drop the same clip into the time line. Now go to export/ media select CF.avi check your pixel size should be 720x480 wide . Now look at the output tab it fits doesent it?
I am at work right now I am using my I phone so I can not send a sample until I get home
Bruce
Old May 8th, 2009, 03:37 PM   #171
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Zimmer View Post
Wow!
I always get the importerprocessserver error now.
I haven't seen any chronic ImporterProcessServer crashes while working in PPCS4 proper. It does happen, though. It'd probably happen more if I used it many hours every single day. However, the ImporterProcessServer *does* crash when encoding a PPCS4 long sequence using the Cineform exporter AND using the Cineform codec (Microsoft AVI, Cineform codec--that was before I noticed the Cineform exporter). I can't get a (1:45:00) CFHD to export. It appears to be working fine as a DV export, though. It's been going for about 4 hours, with another 7 to go, so I'll know later, if I stay up that late, whether the DV export worked.
Matt Vanecek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 8th, 2009, 03:40 PM   #172
Major Player

Simon,

I'm thinking that Cineform would prefer to work these bugs out before the final release. They want the feedback. They posted a separate thread for First Light (FL) issues. Cineform requested that all FL issues be emailed to Tim Bucklin. I do not know how Prospect HD-4 issues are being reported.

It's not my place. But.... I suggest starting a new thread called "Prospect HD 4.0 (Windows) - ISSUES" or something like that. I'm not sure if you can submit a ticket on a product that is in Beta release.

My two cents...

Tim
Old May 8th, 2009, 03:42 PM   #173
Major Player

Bruce,

Check your email. I just sent you a PM

Tim
Old May 9th, 2009, 03:09 PM   #174
Major Player

Too quiet

This thread is getting too quiet. Tim choosing the name and location of the file in the export media before sending to AME made no differance. I am gong thru and deleting everything I created with PP4, media cash every thing and I am going to try a fresh capture again. My clips are showing the correct dimension and pixel sizes.

Dave N are you still out there have not heard from you fo a while>

Has anyone been able to to get CR.avi clips all the way thru CS4 and thru ENCORE.
Old May 9th, 2009, 05:33 PM   #175
Major Player

latest test

fresh capture of 108060i captured at 1920x1080.. tried to export to AMC uncompressed.avi not CF importserver crash again.. This time I was not trying to output to a cineform file athough the orginal file is captured with HD link. next tried to output to blu-ray using AME same error..
Old May 9th, 2009, 05:59 PM   #176
New Boot

An experient with large avi's

Just tried an experiment with a large 20 GB CF .avi in CS4. Scrubbing through and moving around the timeline. Tried to just play the clip out end to end. ImporterProcessServer crash occurred pretty quickly, around 1/2 way through. Took the same file and simply played it out in Windows Media Player. Guess what? Crashed the player at exactly the same spot.

Not entirely sure what this means other than the file is just way too large, but interesting that both CS4 and WMP give up at around the 10 GB mark.
Cameron Smeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 9th, 2009, 08:41 PM   #177
Regular Crew

Interesting. I tried a small file, less than a gig. I put it in a timeline, scrubbed around, ImporterProcessServer crashes. This was an HDV file I converted to CineForm with HDLink.

Based on this I'm not so sure it's related to large files.
Glenn Babcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 03:43 AM   #178
Major Player

Trouble Shooting

I have found some other prople that are having the same issue and I do not believe they use Cinefrom. the first link is to problem solving. the second link is refering to certian .dlls that might be bad. I am trying to look into this but I have pictures I have to take today.

Troubleshooting - Adobe Premiere Pro
Adobe Forums: ImporterProcessServer.exe has stopped...

Here is where I found the issus

Adobe Forums: Search
Old May 10th, 2009, 05:25 AM   #179
Regular Crew

The thing is, without ProspectHD installed my setup is rock solid. With it installed, I get the crash every time. The crash report (see below) refers to CFHDDecoder.dll, and there's only one of those (\Program Files(x86)\CineForm\Tools).

I've tried re-downloading and re-installing several times with no success. For the heck of it, I even tried replacing CFHDDecoder.dll with the one in v3.4. That doesn't work at all (no surprise).

I also tried booting into my Vista 32-bit OS and installing it there. Same crash.

At this point I'm going to wait for CineForm to debug this. I'm sure they'll post an update soon!

Regards,
Glenn

Windows 7 64-bit Release Candidate build 7100
Adobe Master Collection CS4
Dell XPS420
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Extreme CPU Q6850 @ 3.00GHz - Quadcore
8GB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTX (185.85)

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: ImporterProcessServer.exe
Application Version: 0.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 491896d7
Fault Module Name: CFHDDecoder.dll
Fault Module Version: 2.5.0.30
Fault Module Timestamp: 49ffb07d
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000d7ca
OS Version: 6.1.7100.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Glenn Babcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2009, 05:50 AM   #180
New Boot

Yep, happenned again with small files for me too. I just ran all my HDV through CF again to be sure they were all converted using the same beta. ImporterProcessServer crashed again, even with tiny .avi's, no effects, no transitions, just three small clips in a row. Crashed and burnt. This really is very frustrating. Another day down the tube where I should be editing.

I've opened at ticket with Adobe but I don't think this will get far. I don't get any reference to CFHD in the problem report. I get:

Product
Adobe Premiere Pro CS4

Problem
Stopped responding and was closed

Date
10/05/2009 5:37 PM

Status
Report Sent

Description
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: Adobe Premiere Pro.exe
Application Version: 4.0.1.0
Application Timestamp: 49189711
Hang Signature: 5900
Hang Type: 0
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3081
Additional Hang Signature 1: 64c52fb9b3417f2582abb3b261948e95
Additional Hang Signature 2: 72df
Additional Hang Signature 3: fbfdf505761a35916c1bf2106958c8ff
Additional Hang Signature 4: 5900
Additional Hang Signature 5: 64c52fb9b3417f2582abb3b261948e95
Additional Hang Signature 6: 72df
Additional Hang Signature 7: fbfdf505761a35916c1bf2106958c8ff

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID: 388725140

Glenn, I'm starting to think you're right though. My system was reasonably stable before CF. I will keep testing but I'm thinking of uninstalling CF to see how things run. If it gets stable then I will know where things are going wrong. Not entirely sure where to go without a stable CF though....
Cameron Smeal is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase