One last 4.0 beta. - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 3rd, 2009, 10:33 AM   #46
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Vanecek View Post
I don't have the Exporter PRM in mine, on Windows Vista 64. Just did a fresh uninstall of 4.0.0 and install of 4.0.1. The CF installer does not appear to be working correctly on Vista 64, if David's screenshot is on XP.

Thanks,
Matt
Matt, read the previous post. This is not an XP/Vista issue, it is a PHD installer issue that was just fixed moments ago.
Old May 3rd, 2009, 10:48 AM   #47
Major Player

Yeah, saw that after I posted. Problems in a multi-threaded environment, I guess, with simultaneous posts. At least you know your customers are vigilant!

Any reason why your download site consistently causes my virus scanner (NOD32) to complain about the download, while completing the download? The only way I can download the file is to turn off the virus scanner, which seems counter-productive. Something about the Packed.Themida virus. The only way to get the file is to turn off the virus scanner, download the file, and then scan it manually.

Thanks,
Matt
Matt Vanecek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2009, 10:51 AM   #48
CTO, CineForm Inc.

We have had no report of Virus issues, and I also run Virus scan on downloads and I'm not seeing this. However, I will do a Virus scan on the build PC.
Old May 3rd, 2009, 11:07 AM   #49
Major Player

It might be an Eset NOD32 thing, or maybe the download server is sending a strange header or something. If I turn off the virus scanner and download the file, and scan it manually, there is no virus reported. it is only while downloading the file with the scanner turned on. I know a couple others posted on the original importers downloads similar issue. It's most likely an oddity between the download server and NOD32, but I'd be interested if anyone with any other virus scanners have experienced similar issues.

Thanks,
Matt
Old May 3rd, 2009, 11:33 AM   #50
Major Player

ImporterProcessServer

The ImporterServer keeps crashing, and freezing PPro. It's happened when I'm cutting nested sequences where the source sequences have CFHD and additional audio. It's also happened when copying a clip from one sequence to another. Usually seems to involve copying/pasting. I have to kill PPro and restart. After reopening, everything seems to be working OK for a while.

Thanks,
Matt

And when rendering the timeline, too. This is pretty much unusable as-is.

Last edited by Matt Vanecek; May 3rd, 2009 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Added additional crash point.
Old May 3rd, 2009, 12:11 PM   #51
Major Player

Thanks Dave I downloaded via refreshed link and it worked exporter is an option once again!! I am happy! I guess that fix did nothing for first light still crashing when trying to open.
Bruce Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2009, 01:05 PM   #52
Major Player

Now that I can select export to Cinefro.avi I have a project of just freshly cf captured clips. no transitions, or effect at all..( just testing) I select Cf .avi setting 720x480 wide NTS lower fields. the import server has crashed 2 times I am in the middle of the 3rd time. Aslo its telling me that its going to take 5 hours to export 45min??? I am running vista/64 quad core??
Old May 3rd, 2009, 01:41 PM   #53
Major Player

PPCS4 crashes on timeline render too? no transition just straight CF.avi clips also did anyone notice the PP4 wants to generate the peak files everytime you reopen PP4 it almost like it can not handle the CF files.
Old May 3rd, 2009, 03:01 PM   #54
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Gruber View Post
did anyone notice the PP4 wants to generate the peak files everytime you reopen PP4 it almost like it can not handle the CF files.
Yeah, I've noticed that. It's really annoying. It doesn't happen on every clip, for me, but on a couple, that I've re-converted several times to see if that'll help.

The files that I've converted to CFHD using MPEG_Streamclip instead of HDLink do not exhibit this symptom.

Thanks,
Matt
Old May 3rd, 2009, 04:04 PM   #55
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Vanecek View Post
Yeah, I've noticed that. It's really annoying. It doesn't happen on every clip, for me, but on a couple, that I've re-converted several times to see if that'll help.

The files that I've converted to CFHD using MPEG_Streamclip instead of HDLink do not exhibit this symptom.

Thanks,
Matt
I will have to try that. Right now I have recaptured clips using straight PP4 capture as an meg file. I am throwing it in a timeline and exporting using CF.avi to see if the adobe media encoder crashes using a native file format but converting using CF.

I see there were 1,2000 views on this thread.. Looks like a lot of people are intrested in the outcome.
Old May 3rd, 2009, 05:11 PM   #56
Major Player

Ok after importing from tape to PPCS4 as standard HDV 108060i I exported using Cineform.av setting 720v480 lowerthird NTSC/wide it exported fine. The I imported to Encore CS4 and went to transcode to DVD and encore crashed. I tried 3 times and it crashed every time. It almost like CS4 does not know the CF file>
Old May 3rd, 2009, 05:24 PM   #57
Major Player

David,

I removed the initial "last beta" version and replaced with the new "last beta" version. I still cannot open First Light.

Description:
Stopped working

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: firstlight.exe
Problem Signature 02: 0.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 49fb78fc
Problem Signature 04: PresentationFramework
Problem Signature 05: 3.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 48fef62a
Problem Signature 07: 625a
Problem Signature 08: e1
Problem Signature 09: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

According to Dependency Walker

Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

Error opening file IESHIMS.DLL - The system cannot find the specified file.

Also, see attched.
Attached Thumbnails
One last 4.0 beta.-tb-2.jpg  
Old May 3rd, 2009, 06:11 PM   #58
Major Player

I noticed that when you export using CF.avi and set your setting to 720v480 lowerthird NTSC/wide It actually out put a squeezed 4x3 video file?

Has anyone been able to get a time line all they way thru.
Old May 3rd, 2009, 06:39 PM   #59
Regular Crew

Hi guys

In CS4 do we now export thru Adobe Media Encoder?
Gil Reitsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2009, 07:17 PM   #60
Major Player

Has anyone using Vista 64 been able to get First Light to work?

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase