One last 4.0 beta. - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 2nd, 2009, 10:14 AM   #16
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Ruben,

This is more the type of bug what we expected, we have seen that, but mainly on on developement PCs, so we are chasing that down. Try new encode, just it case.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 10:28 AM   #17
Regular Crew

None have worked so far. The few times where I got no error message I could play the file with no image at all...
Ruben Torrejon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 10:39 AM   #18
CTO, CineForm Inc.

That is the Graphics Card issue, it is playing you just can see it. We have seen that so it is on the list. Unfortunately there are clearly more on the list than we thought. However, all these things a likely minor system specific tweaks, as First Light demod flawlessly at NAB, so we are very close.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 11:36 AM   #19
Regular Crew

Dependancy Walker Results

David,

I downloaded Dependancy Walker and it looks like 2 files are missing.

IESHIMS.DLL
WER.DLL

Those files are listed in red and states "error opeining file. The system cannot find...

System:

Win XP SP3
gForce 8800 GTS
Quad CPU Q9550 2.83Gz
Rick Casillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 11:50 AM   #20
Major Player

Dual Installations CS3-CS4

I mentioned this before, but it's not that important, given all the other things that you need to do. If you have both CS3 and CS4 installed, the Prospect HD installer will only install Cineform components to the CS4 folders. I got around this by manually extracting and installing the CS3 components. The installer should either ask which version you want installed or it should install both. This isn't that big a deal in the long run, because most people that have CS4 will eventually uninstall CS3.

Else, both the CS3 and CS4 versions run like a charm (Vista x64, nVidia 9800GT-182 series drivers, .Net 3.5 installed) in both PP and AE. I didn't try anything with Encore CS3, since I rarely use it. First Light just crashes when you try to run it (same error as the Windows 7 dump listed in this thread).

Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
Problem Signature 01: firstlight.exe
Problem Signature 02: 0.0.0.0
Problem Signature 03: 49fb78fc
Problem Signature 04: PresentationFramework
Problem Signature 05: 3.0.0.0
Problem Signature 06: 4858c681
Problem Signature 07: 6259
Problem Signature 08: e1
Problem Signature 09: System.Windows.Markup.XamlParse
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

I am only missing IESHIMS.DLL. Also, why does First Light call the 64 bit version of .Net (mscoree.dll)? Is it looking in the wrong Windows system folder for Vista x64?
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 11:52 AM   #21
Major Player

Looks like GPSVC.DLL issue.

How to fix it now.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 02:31 PM   #22
Major Player

Ok no presets for now correct? What PPcs4 project setting would work best for now. About the export to CF.avi. its just not there I think that is what Gil was trying to say if you go to export to media Cineform is not an option?

I also noticed something when I import a captures CF.avi from a previous capture cs4 generates peak files which is normal. But every time I close and reopen the project it regenerates the peak files? Shouldn’t they stay once generated.

Thanks Bruce
Bruce Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 04:40 PM   #23
Regular Crew

Hello David

Ran the "Walker" and got errors
----------------------------------------------------------

Error: Modules with different CPU types were found.
Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.

IESHIMS - Error opening file. The system cannoy find the file specified (2)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I can email the saved file from Dependency Walker if it is a help

Thanks Bruce... That is what I meant about export.

It works fine in PPCS3

Gil
Gil Reitsma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 05:02 PM   #24
Major Player

Ieshims.dll is part of Internet Explorer and is found in the folder where IE resides. Vista x64 users should have both the 32 bit (C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer) and the 64 bit (C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer) versions of the library file.

It's easy to eliminate this error in the Dependency Walker, by just copying the 32 bit version of Ieshims.dll to the C:\Program Files (x86)\CineForm\Tools folder, but this does nothing for the crashes of First Light.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 05:22 PM   #25
Regular Crew

Dual boot system
On Vista x64 CS4 crashed at launch the 1st time but opened OK the 2nd. Opened and plays an old CF project. Scrubs but playback is a little ragged audio is fine.
There are no CF capture options.
AE renders very nicely with a 32 bit project but AE crashed once the render had completed.
HD link captures with no problems.
First Light crashed at launch.

On XP x64 CS3 launched a new 25p project but CS3 crashes when importing CF footage. Crashes when opening old projects.
Capture in CS3. The computer crashed and restarted after transcoding had finished but the captured footage was OK.
HD Link freezes and stops the camera a Sony V1 when trying to capture.
First Light crashes.
AE renders 32 bit but very very slowly.
This boot runs well with CF version 3
Ray Parkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 05:57 PM   #26
Major Player

HD LINK WORKS FINE. I recaptured footage from tape. Imported to PP no problem project setting HDV 108060i since it is not a CF project I have all yellow bars at the top because I did not render. I used the dynamic link to take the project into Encore no problem, and used HD menus and took the project to SD using Encore compressor. Dvd played fine except THE COMPRESSION WAS BAD I MISS CF COMPRESSOR.

NOTE VIDEO WAS CHOPPY IN ENCORE. NEXT NOTE WHEN TRANSCODING CPU IS MAXED! 100% any input on maxing the cpu I am using a quad core 3.0ghz with 8g ram
Bruce Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2009, 06:08 PM   #27
CTO, CineForm Inc.

>> Dual boot system
>On Vista x64 CS4 crashed at launch the 1st time but opened OK the 2nd.

Sounds like Adobe.

> Opened and plays an old CF project. Scrubs but playback is a little ragged audio is fine.

To be expected with the playback engine accelerator.

> There are no CF capture options.

None planned for 4.0. Although we might point the CS3 capture tools.

> AE renders very nicely with a 32 bit project but AE crashed once the render had completed.

Nothing has changed for exports (CS4 using the same old component as CS3,) not like a new bug or even an old one. Likely classic Adobe memory issues.

> First Light crashed at launch.

See discussion on missing DLLS.

> On XP x64 CS3 launched a new 25p project but CS3 crashes when importing CF footage. > Crashes when opening old projects.
> Capture in CS3. The computer crashed and restarted after transcoding had finished but > the captured footage was OK.

As little has change CS3, this is likely a local to your PC issue. CS3 is work fine for others and it my own testing.

> HD Link freezes and stops the camera a Sony V1 when trying to capture.

Clearly a PC issue and the same worked on your other boot session. All CS3 issues should go to support as they are not beta related.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 06:13 PM   #28
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Bloomfield View Post
Ieshims.dll is part of Internet Explorer and is found in the folder where IE resides. Vista x64 users should have both the 32 bit (C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer) and the 64 bit (C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer) versions of the library file.

It's easy to eliminate this error in the Dependency Walker, by just copying the 32 bit version of Ieshims.dll to the C:\Program Files (x86)\CineForm\Tools folder, but this does nothing for the crashes of First Light.
You should never need to move anything into the tools folder. Most DLLs should be part of the system and stay there. It is a bit worrying that a standard C# GUI app should break on so many PCs, we hoped that Microsoft when be doing better these days (all built under Microsoft's Expression Blends 2.) First Light has extremely minimal system interaction. It has been on Vista system here that come straight out of the box, so some weird is happening in the wild.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 06:29 PM   #29
Major Player

I just moved it there to see what was happening. For some reason on Vista x64 systems, First Light is not finding stuff it needs.
Old May 2nd, 2009, 06:29 PM   #30
CTO, CineForm Inc.

As for missing DLL in general I use Google to find them. All these a listed so far are Microsoft components that should already present with an updated OS and .net framework 3.5 installed. I have no idea way they are missing (and different components) on so many PCs.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase