First Light (Windows) Problem Thread - Page 3 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 11th, 2009, 05:14 PM   #31
Major Player

Ok loaded build 209 everything works so far at full res but crashs on 1/2 and it will not let me select 1/4. Using radeon 340 series I know you said ATI is not working correctly. I really like this I never looked into color correction this detailed before>>>> Who wants to give color correction lessons!! I do not know what half the tools are for?
Bruce Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 05:51 PM   #32
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Armour View Post
Tim, I just finally loaded the new 4K beta (209) on a CS3 quad ws, with a Matrox Parhelia APVe card and dual 24" monitors.

First off, tried to change resolution to half, but that crashed (repeatedly) the FL exe. Rebooted to make sure everything was registered correctly, then reloaded FL and tried to change res before loading any 1920x1080p CF video, but with same crash result. Had nothing else running in the background.

At full res, Parhelia can't run the FP preview at realtime speeds, but so far everything else seems to be working.

I'll check the config's on the Parhelia to see if something else is changed there.
Hi Stephen,

It looks like Matrox is having the same problems as ATI.
We have a few APVe cards here but none of them installed in machines. I'll get a test box set up with one, though. Thanks for the info!

What does your CPU usage look like when playing back a 1080p clip in First Light?
If you see one core pegged, but the other three much lower, it's probably because your machine is relying on software scaling for the playback window.

If all four cores are pegged, it's possible your CPU is just too slow to do a full-res decode.

However, if the cores don't seem to be working really hard, you may have another problem -- either with disk speed or memory speed. If you find this is the case, send me an email and we'll see if we can work through it.
Old May 11th, 2009, 06:22 PM   #33
Regular Crew

Looks like we've got the ATI (and potentially Matrox) problem fixed!

I'll get a new build up Tuesday morning (with the manual and readme included) and we'll see if it takes care of your problems.

Last edited by Tim Bucklin; May 11th, 2009 at 07:02 PM.
Tim Bucklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 11th, 2009, 08:27 PM   #34
Major Player

Thanks Tim. It's too late to test tonite, but just happened to see your post. Trust you've rooted out that little prob, and will look for the new build and test when it's here.

Tnx for all CF's hard work. We're really looking forward to any AE-like curves interface additions to FL (for the user-friendliness upgrade). FL concept is certainly very good and already pretty solid, but the interface has a way to go to be intuitive as AE's great stuff.

AE's tools spoiled a lot of us...but you've got a concept that will only get better, so keep up the good work and keep your interface R&D on the front burner and CF will keep on the crest of the the wave.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase