Production Release ProspectHD4 on a CS3/CS4 system? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 15th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #1
Trustee

Production Release ProspectHD4 on a CS3/CS4 system?

This topic has been bounced around in recent threads, but now that a Production Release of ProspectHD is out, could someone who has done a fresh install answer the following question:

On a PC that has both the CS3 and CS4 versions Adobe Production Suite installed simultaneously (i.e. Premiere and AfterEffects in both CS3 and CS4 favors), do all the necessary Cineform files install into all the necessary directories ...... does anything need to be moved or duplicated to get things working as they should?

Thanks in advance!
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 07:49 PM   #2
Major Player

We would like to hear from people about this also. The registry problems that were discussed in different threads are annoying install/uninstall problems that users should generally not have to ever worry about.

So before we published the builds today David Newman spent extra time on this trying to interrogate and fix existing registry problems. Whether or not they are all handled yet will require some feedback.
David Taylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 15th, 2009, 10:47 PM   #3
Major Player

Prospect HD (Build 210, activated) does not install anything to my CS3 folders. This is under Vista x64, with CS4 on Drive C: and CS3 on Drive D:. I had to install the trial to my XP computer and copy the missing files over.

Also, LookInstaller.exe is still missing and the AVI and MOV importers designed for CS4 are installed in the CS3 folders. If you don't rename them to something else other than .prm, they will cause the CS3 preview to be flickering and green.

I was previously testing both the betas of 4K and HD and the HD betas had the same problem.

Else, First Light, CS3 and the basic support for CS4 all work flawlessly.

EDIT: Refreshed ZIP file fixed LookInstaller issue.

Last edited by Jay Bloomfield; May 15th, 2009 at 10:58 PM. Reason: Update
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 04:51 AM   #4
Major Player

My system is brand new vista ultimate with eatras turned of/64 quad core 8 gigs of ram. strgae drive raid 0 I have no other software on the PC except quick time and Nero burning software and adobe production premium CS4 C drive only it seemed to install but will not import CF files. I insatll the 210 build but it will not import CF files on cs3. Version 3.4.9 works fine on cs3 With the above configuration.
Bruce Gruber is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase