Prospect/Neo 4 Problem Thread - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 16th, 2009, 06:37 AM   #16
Major Player

Glenn, well Said.

Note it wont even install on XP/32 sp3 CS3 either or should I say work correctly..Martin just confirmed the same thing!!
Bruce Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 09:14 AM   #17
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Regarding issues with CS4, we are still waiting on feedback form Adobe, which has been a little slow. The ImportProcessError is not happening everywhere, never happens here even with customer samples, although we are now able to create a test case for debugging. As most of our customers are on CS3, Vegas, etc, we choose not to hold off on the entire product, and there are many how are having no issues with CS4 so we aren't going to pull CS4 features for those who need them. We are very likely to have additional updates in the next week or two that will solve these importer issue completely. Hold off your purchase until it works for you, I wouldn't want you to do anything else.

CS3 install issue. Adobe missed up plugin installer years ago by a disappearing registry entry to tell us where to install, we have to guess on many systems. We changed the guessing code to trying a find those corner cases, so it seems we still messed some. Also never change the name your Premiere folders, that messes up installers. 95+% install just fine -- retested on my home PC and it works prefectly. But if is not your PC, support will be able to help. But as it is Saturday, try this:

Save this text file as FIXADOBE.reg

For 32-bit OSes
---- cut here ----
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Premiere Pro\CurrentVersion]
"Plug-InsDir"="C:\\Program Files\\Adobe\\Common\\Plug-ins\\CS3\\MediaCore"
---- cut here ----

For 64-bit OSes
---- cut here ----
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Adobe\Premiere Pro\CurrentVersion]
"Plug-InsDir"="C:\\Program Files (x86)\\Adobe\\Common\\Plug-ins\\CS3\\MediaCore"
---- cut here ----

Make the Plug-InsDir directory point where your MediaCore folder is on you system. If you don't have a MediaCore folder (some Adobe installs don't), set the Plug-InsDir to
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\Plug-ins\en_US
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\Plug-ins\en_US

If you are missing an install for only one on several Premeire instances. Change the reg file between installs, pointing to the other folder. Running PHD/4K installer again without doing an uninstall.

But do file a ticket to tell us in path(s) your Premiere installation wouldn't install.

Last edited by David Newman; May 16th, 2009 at 10:12 AM.
David Newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 10:03 AM   #18
Regular Crew

David, I sincerely appreciate the update. All I ask is that you keep us posted.

Regards,
Glenn
Glenn Babcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 10:55 AM   #19
Major Player

I agree.

If you could provide us with such an update every few days that would be great because a lot of us are spending a lot of extra time here trying to debug the software we paid good money to use.

thanks,

Simon
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 10:58 AM   #20
Major Player

I must say i find it interesting that you are having a hard time to recreate the ImporterProcessServer error. I thought everyone had that issue.

You mean there are actually people who are using PPCS4 without it crashing?

Wow!

I would love to know what their computer setup is.

Simon
Old May 16th, 2009, 11:09 AM   #21
Major Player

Still No Audio

Just exported (overnight) a 1:50 video to HQ CFHD AVI. If finished exporting (yay, I think). There's no audio. Yes, the export audio buttons are checked (16 bit, 48KHz). Fixing to open yet another trouble ticket...and export/encode audio separately.

[grumbles resisted, but this is really frustrating/]
Matt

Last edited by Matt Vanecek; May 16th, 2009 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Specified export format
Matt Vanecek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 11:28 AM   #22
Regular Crew

David,

I mentioned this in another post responding to Bruce's problem with not being able to import Cineform AVI files to CS3. I should have read this post first so as not to be too redundant, but anyways, is the current build suppose to install "CFHD_AVI Importer.prm" in the CS3 plugin folder? I remember a few posts back in another thread, you mentioned that this file should not be there (being that it doesnt install with previous version, ProspectHD v3).

I've tried several install scenarios (with the registry fix) and it seems the latest build still installs this file into the CS3 plugin folder. When the file is removed or renamed (to deactivate it) from the plugin folder, I can import Cineform AVI into CS3. Anyways, I did report this bug by submitting a ticket. I'm not sure if there is anything else that should or should not be there (exporter?).

Importing CS4 is fine for me but I still get crashes every so often but that was to be expected since its not complete yet. I should be able to finish what I need to do in CS3 and this is cool now since could take First Light for a real spin.
James Park is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 11:41 AM   #23
Major Player

VLC 0.9.9 won't play CFHD files

I opened another trouble ticket on this, because they would play with build 209. Anybody seen this issue?

VLC : 0.9.9
Vista Ultimate 64
CS4

Since "upgrading" to build 210, I get an error from VLC that there is no suitable decodder module, and that VLC does not support the audiio or video format "CFHD".

Thanks,
Matt
Old May 16th, 2009, 11:55 AM   #24
CTO, CineForm Inc.

VLC doesn't support third party codecs, never has. It plays open src only.
Old May 16th, 2009, 12:09 PM   #25
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Zimmer View Post
I must say i find it interesting that you are having a hard time to recreate the ImporterProcessServer error. I thought everyone had that issue.

You mean there are actually people who are using PPCS4 without it crashing?
Yes, I've never seen it, but now I'm probably jinxing myself. The problem has nothing to do with Cineform and maybe not even what OS you are using.

The speculation is that the various "helper" exe files that Adobe uses to allow its various CS4 suite-mates to communicate just are bugged-ridden. Such features like Adobe Dynamic Link, hardly have worked right for me anyway, so I hope that Adobe fixes things with the PP 4.1 update.
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 12:17 PM   #26
Major Player

But I never had this "ImporterProcessServer.exe" error until I started troubleshooting the beta versions of ProspectHD on CS4.

On CS3 I never had it.

So you are able to export without any problems?

Simon
Old May 16th, 2009, 12:30 PM   #27
Major Player

Yes, I can export fine.

I haven't needed to do any of this things below, but if you want to experiment, you could try some of them. My guess is that they won't do much, but you never know, when it comes to Windows:

1) You could disable DEP using the Windows Control Panel.

2) You could temporarily disable your anti virus software, while editing.

3) You could also try going into the Windows Task Manager and carefully disabling as many "useless" programs that you see running in the background. You just better be sure what is "useless", because if you kill the wrong process, your system will become unstable. Good candidates for disabling are all the trash that iTunes runs.

4) You could use the Windows Task Manager and also try raising the priority of ImporterProcessServer.exe from 8 (Normal) to 13 (High).
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 12:37 PM   #28
Major Player

CS3 install 3.4.9 vs 4.0 210 build

Dave
Just one question. Yes I want to run cs4 very bad but it looks like it will be a while. But I do not understand why 4.0 21or 209 build will not run correctly when PHD 3.4.9 runs perfect in CS3 with CS4 installed sided by side. This is addressing the NOT IMPORTING CF FILES JUST SITS THERE NOT THE IMPORTPROCESS ERROR I GAVE UP ON THAT A WHILE AGO.. FOR NOW

again 3.4.9 runs wonderfully and very fast with vista/64
Bruce Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 16th, 2009, 12:41 PM   #29
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Zimmer View Post
But I never had this "ImporterProcessServer.exe" error until I started troubleshooting the beta versions of ProspectHD on CS4.
I'm with Simon. I only ever have this error when working with CFHD footage in CS4. Other footage does not cause this issue. M2T, DV, MOV, PSD, JPG, PNG....works beautifully. M2T in multi-camera works beautifully.

CFHD causes crashes. Plain and simple. Don't use CFHD == don't crash. DO use CFHD == DO crash.

I'm pretty much stuck. All my assets and edits are in CFHD, and I don't really have time to convert everything to something else or get everything loaded differently. But I'm spending so much time trying to work around this CFHD *stuff* that I'm having a hard time getting any actual video editing done.

Can we have an extension on teh build 209? That at least was somewhat more stable.

Matt
Old May 16th, 2009, 12:45 PM   #30
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Gruber View Post
Dave
Just one question. Yes I want to run cs4 very bad but it looks like it will be a while. But I do not understand why 4.0 21or 209 build will not run correctly when PHD 3.4.9 runs perfect in CS3 with CS4 installed sided by side.

again 3.4.9 runs wonderfully and very fast with vista/64
CS3 with 4.0.1 PHD is working even better than 3.4.9 whether CS4 is installed or not. There seems to be some installation issues that aren't occurring in our lab. Let support know where your Premiere copies are installed.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase