Problem with upgrade request - locked out of CineForm at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 17th, 2009, 04:19 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Problem with upgrade request - locked out of CineForm

David,

I attempted to upgrade to the new P4K with our existing serial number but for some reason the email returned reads:

"The serial number you have included (P4U33-xxxxxxxxxx) is not an eligible product for a free upgrade."

I've written Jake about this but if you have any suggestions, it would be greatly appreciated.

Jake responded yesterday saying he would look into it.

Today, however, we have a sound consultant visiting from Germany and we need to be working in Premiere. Unfortunately I just discovered that the temporary P4K that was issued about the time of NAB has now expired and we are locked out of CineForm for the moment.

Any thoughts you might have to get us up and running again would be greatly appreciated.

David
David H. Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2009, 06:20 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I've experienced same problem. Jake has told me there seems to be a problem with the server issuing upgrades even if the old serial number is elligable and they are looking into the problem. Not that that really helps you if you're in a hurry...
Peter Beeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2009, 06:26 PM   #3
CTO, CineForm Inc.

David,

The latest build should extend your trial another 15-days as it seems you only used up your first trial peroid (we bumped another 15 during the beta test.)
Old May 17th, 2009, 06:37 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Thank you David - I somehow missed the second trial. I'll download and and be completely covered for our immediate needs.

Thanks Peter for your input - this will all get sorted out, I'm sure.
David H. Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2009, 06:58 PM   #5
Major Player

There is a confirmed error in the serial number upgrade script for existing P4K customers. Don't worry, you all get a new serial number. The script will be updated on Monday.
David Taylor is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase