XDCam 50mbps support at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old May 17th, 2009, 06:28 PM   #1
Regular Crew

XDCam 50mbps support

Will the new versions of cineform now being released support XDCamHD 422 codecs?
Peter
Peter Beeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 27th, 2009, 09:11 PM   #2
Major Player

@Peter,

I figured that I would bump your thread, since I was also interested in the answer. Further what I have noticed is that very few NLEs and media players support XDCAM HD 422 (50 mbps). Obviously, Sony products will read and write these MXF files, but no Adobe product will. It's possible that the 4.1 upgrade to Premiere Pro CS4 might offer such support, but that upgrade still hasn't been released. Or maybe Sony has a hand in the lack of native support by Adobe. MainConcept licenses a translator pack, but the cost is prohibitive for most individuals and companies, unless all you work on are these types of files.

But here's why I bumped your thread. The open source media player for Windows, VideoLAN VLC plays the files fine. Maybe, since the software is open source, it might be possible, with permission of the authors, to use the DLLs that access the XDCAM file type.
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase