DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Prospect 4K Free Upgrade Serial Numbers (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/235574-prospect-4k-free-upgrade-serial-numbers.html)

David Taylor May 18th, 2009 11:13 AM

Prospect 4K Free Upgrade Serial Numbers

If you requested a P4K free upgrade serial number over the weekend and it came up as "invalid", please resubmit. The script processor has been fixed.

Go here: Cineform Tech Blog Blog Archive CineForm Product Updates and click on "upgrade policy".

Stephen Armour May 18th, 2009 12:05 PM

David, the old serial number was accepted and an email with the link was sent, but no new number. Does this require a new activation? If so, does the old number work?

BTW, the old activation was NOT recognized, at least by HDLink.

Stephen Armour May 18th, 2009 12:46 PM

Tried to unload the old and reload the new update twice and both times it crashed after okaying the EULA and trying to run HDLink executable:
AppName: hdlink.exe AppVer: 4.0.1.210 ModName: kernel32.dll
ModVer: 5.1.2600.5781 Offset: 0000a300
Unloading and reloading the old version returns it to a functioning install, but the new crashes with this message:
"CineForm HDV Capture Application has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience."
Looks like installer probs. Additional info: ws is running CS3 only, with XP Pro.

Tim Bucklin May 18th, 2009 01:04 PM

Hi Stephen,

I've sent your new serial number to you which you will need to activate.

As to the crashing, if you have drivers for an AJA or Blackmagic card installed, but there's no card present, it can cause HDLink to crash on start up.

Stephen Armour May 18th, 2009 01:15 PM

CHAPTER 3

Got the new serial number and if I waited a bit, the HDLink window popped up beside the error message. I was able to "Request Activation" through the link on the Intro window, but not "Enter Activation..."..........(if that's any help).

Still crashes out of HDLink when I close the error message. TIm, there are no drivers for either of those cards on this system that I know of. Give me their dll's and I'll look to double check.

Stephen Armour May 18th, 2009 01:23 PM

New registration code came okay and I entered through the CF menu "Activate". It was accepted okay (which I can tell from the window that pops up beside the error message). It must be a driver like you said, but I have no idea how it would be there.

I'll look for them when you send on their names and locations. Tnx

Ruben Torrejon May 18th, 2009 01:35 PM

Solved. My fault.

Stephen Armour May 18th, 2009 01:41 PM

1 Attachment(s)
here's the list of what I assume are the drivers in the Common Files\Cineform location:

(or are they in another location?)

Stephen Armour May 18th, 2009 01:55 PM

Tim, I think I found the problem. I found a CFHD.INF and CFHD.DLL in the System32 folder. When I renamed them just to check, the HDLink loaded normally.

I'll check with Premiere now and will only respond here if it's not normal.

Tnx

Stephen Armour May 18th, 2009 02:06 PM

I lied....

It looks and runs great in Premiere CS3! And my playback probs (with Parhelia APVe) are gone, even with all the Global RAW controls Processing options enabled!

Oh yeah! It's coming, nice hard work. Congrads!

Now if CS4 can get there too, we'll be in editing heaven.

Simon Zimmer May 18th, 2009 02:15 PM

cs4 and cineform would be heaven!

sighhhhhh!

simon

Stephen Armour May 18th, 2009 02:21 PM

BTW, the load balancing on the quad cores looks very nice during playback, so your realtime algorithms are working quite nicely. It's nice and smooth and no crasho's.

Take a deep breath and blow it out slowly....

Stephen Armour May 18th, 2009 02:46 PM

One more comment.

First Light is also VERY much more stable. With YUV playback disabled, it runs playback full res quite nicely, and no crashes even when changing resolutions during playback. YUV enabling brought this ws's Parhelia to it's knees though, but only with full res playback.

No crashes to this point with anything, but I don't have the courage to try to run Premiere CS3 concurrently with FL on a whimpy 32bit XP quadcore ws with only 4 GB of memory! It's already at 70% CPU load with just FL running a video!

Michael Panfeld May 20th, 2009 12:32 PM

Upgrade hinged on CS4?

Hi David:

I see that the upgrade policy includes an early adopter discount of $50 through the end of June for us long-time CF users. As a user a Prospect 3.x that works perfectly with CS3, I am loathe to upgrade until the CS4 realtime engine is up and running.

I just experimented with CS4 and the beta and, after many days and dozens of attempts, was finally able to create a DVD and a H.264 file using a CS3-created CF project. However, the 1:45 min that the DVD took and the nearly 4 hours that the H.264 took to encode was totally unacceptable for an 8 minute movie (XP Pro 32bit, 9650 quad core, 4 gig of 1600 DDR3 Ram). I assume that this is due to the lack of the RT engine as this identical project renders out in less than 20-30 minutes in CS3 using Prospect 3.x on the same computer.

What are your intentions for the CS4 RT engine with respect to both the release date and the discount period allowed for the upgr-ade? I am tempted to upgrade to V4 now to take advantage of the discount, but I don't want to get hooked into a product that is useless with CS4 and have to wait an unspecified period.

If your RT release date is after the June discount period, will you extend it when you do release it? If not, a neutral observer may conclude that you are engaging in unsavory business practices (even though I am sure you are not).

Thanks