DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Premiere Installer issue with 4.0.1.210 (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/235605-premiere-installer-issue-4-0-1-210-a.html)

David Newman May 18th, 2009 06:34 PM

Premiere Installer issue with 4.0.1.210

All the download links have been refresh with build that logs what the installer is doing. If you are having issues getting the correct components into CS3 and/or CS4, download the software again, uninstall, and reinstall the new version. If the installer still made errors, email me (dnewman@...) the log file, which will appear in the Programs/CineForm/[Software name]/Install.log.

David Newman May 18th, 2009 08:15 PM

Don't miss this one. We need some feedback from end-users as we are having no installer issues internally.

Simon Zimmer May 19th, 2009 10:46 AM

Just tried it out about 1 hour ago.

I had CS4 only on my machine but since that crashes every 5 minutes due to the beloved Importerprocess error, I installed CS3 again.

The new installer installed cineform in both folders properly. Works fine.

Any word when Adobe will have the update ready yet David? Did you get your information yet from them regarding the dreaded Importerprocess error?

Thanks,

Simon

David Newman May 19th, 2009 11:43 AM

Simon,

Finally getting feedback form Adobe so fingered crossed.

Others: Need more users to try the new installers with logging (see 1st post above.) Particularly need users who had installer problems with CS4 components going into CS3 directories.

Bruce Gruber May 19th, 2009 03:02 PM

Dave which links can you put your link here so I get the right one.

Guillaume Roques May 19th, 2009 03:16 PM

I installed Prospect HD with CS4 without any issues. However I'm encoutering the same problem has many other here with the importer process in PP CS4: After a couple edits in PP this process crashes... Unfortunately, I cannot use CF intermediate format for now with CS4.

Guillaume

David Newman May 19th, 2009 03:32 PM

We just found the installer bug -- thank to all those how provided feedback. It is only in Prospect HD, not in NEO or 4K products. We will get out a new release ASAP.

Dustin Kersnowski May 19th, 2009 03:40 PM

Premeire CS3 and After Effects still have issues

I did the install fix. That worked but AE CS4 still crashes during preview and the playback in Premeire CS3 is choppy. The cineform cross dissolves do not work amonst other things. I can't check everything but a lot seems to be wrong. Basically my workstation is useless and I cannot edit on my system.

Needless to say I cannot work on my projects with this product.

Simon Zimmer May 19th, 2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guillaume Roques (Post 1145530)
I installed Prospect HD with CS4 without any issues. However I'm encoutering the same problem has many other here with the importer process in PP CS4: After a couple edits in PP this process crashes... Unfortunately, I cannot use CF intermediate format for now with CS4.

Guillaume

Same here. It was working half way decently for about 3 hours and all of the sudden it crashes right when I open up the project. So frustrating!

I love Cineform but these conflicts with CS4 are killing me.

Simon

David Newman May 19th, 2009 05:21 PM

Dustin & et al,

Hmm.. Are people not reading the previous posts.

Delete these files:
CFHD_AVI_Importer.prm
CFHD_File_Exporter.prm
CFHD_MOV_Importer.prm
from
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\Settings\en_US\CineForm
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\Settings\en_US\CineForm

This is an PHD install only problem, P4K, N4K abd NHD are fine. Trying to get a fix out ASAP.

Dustin Kersnowski May 19th, 2009 05:52 PM

I did delete those files

I did delete those importer files for Premiere but I left the export file.

AE was also reacting kind of funky. Importing files into AE4 would sometime crash and scrubbbing through the timeline there seemed to be a color shift. I opened an old AE CS3 file once and while I scrubbed the comp window would turn black with a red blocks.

David Newman May 19th, 2009 06:13 PM

Please submit a trouble ticket as it very confusing through the forum. Nothing has changed for CS3, so those likely are installer issues.

Rick Casillas May 19th, 2009 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1145583)
Dustin & et al,

Hmm.. Are people not reading the previous posts.

Delete these files:
CFHD_AVI_Importer.prm
CFHD_File_Exporter.prm
CFHD_MOV_Importer.prm
from
C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\Settings\en_US\CineForm
or
C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\Settings\en_US\CineForm

This is an PHD install only problem, P4K, N4K abd NHD are fine. Trying to get a fix out ASAP.

David,

The directory where the 3 files get installed is here:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CS3\Plug-ins\en_US\CineForm

I am not sure if others have looked and believed everything was OK since they are not where you specified.

For me, once I deleted the files, everything worked, so far.

Rick

David Newman May 19th, 2009 09:02 PM

Rick,

Thank you, I my rush I cut and paste from the wrong directory.

We should get a new build that fixes this install issue out tomorrow, we delayed slightly as some other fixes a nearly done.

Greg Kubitschek May 20th, 2009 07:31 AM

Thank You

Although I haven't posted much here, I am a big fan of Cineform. (Still using PPro CS3)
I track the blogs here daily. I simply want to take a brief moment amid all the people testing the new release of Prospect and say Thanks to David for working so hard and communicating with so many on-line users and to the users who try so hard to test and report results to each other!