DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Converting Sanyo VPC-FH1 MP4's with NeoScene (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/235621-converting-sanyo-vpc-fh1-mp4s-neoscene.html)

John Godden May 18th, 2009 11:07 PM

Converting Sanyo VPC-FH1 MP4's with NeoScene

Greetings

I'm trying to convert Sanyo VPC-FH1 1080 60P MP4's with the trial 1.2.1 version of NeoScene.

When NeoScene doesn't crash (maybe 1:3 chance) the resulting avi doesn't have any sound.

has anyone had success converting these pesky 60P files?

Also<<<< FWIW, the video from this little cam is quite amazing. Seems to kick the S out of my now gone Pani hvx200.

thanks
JohnG

David Newman May 18th, 2009 11:12 PM

support will need a sample file to determine what is happening.

John Godden May 19th, 2009 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1145175)
support will need a sample file to determine what is happening.

Hi David

Thanks for the quick response and offer of help. I'll try to open a "trouble ticket" tonight and attach a file.

JohnG

Ron Chau May 19th, 2009 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Godden (Post 1145174)
Greetings

I'm trying to convert Sanyo VPC-FH1 1080 60P MP4's with the trial 1.2.1 version of NeoScene.

When NeoScene doesn't crash (maybe 1:3 chance) the resulting avi doesn't have any sound.

has anyone had success converting these pesky 60P files?

Also<<<< FWIW, the video from this little cam is quite amazing. Seems to kick the S out of my now gone Pani hvx200.

thanks
JohnG

No problems for me. Trial version worked great and when it expired I bought the software from Videoguys.

Yeah, the little Sanyo makes amazing video for a tiny $500 camcorder.

John Godden May 20th, 2009 12:09 PM

had to register the .ax files

OK, I found the help I needed in the FAQ. I had to 'register' the .ax file types with regsvr.

The AVI conversions now have the audio.

thanks again
JohnG

John Godden May 20th, 2009 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron Chau (Post 1145317)
No problems for me. Trial version worked great and when it expired I bought the software from Videoguys.

Yeah, the little Sanyo makes amazing video for a tiny $500 camcorder.

Hey Ron

Are planning on using the Sanyo for some of your underwater stuff?

cheers
JohnG

Ron Chau May 20th, 2009 02:33 PM

Good question. The FH1 doesn't currently have any matching UW housing. However, the HD1010 does and rumor has it, the HD2000 is the same size as the Sanyo 1010. You probably already know the HD2000 and FH1 are supposed to perform the same video wise.

For UW I shoot the big Sony FX7. Works great, but I am looking for something smaller for my less serious UW shooting. This coming weekend I will be using the Canon HV10 underwater. If I am happy with it UW, then no plans to use the Sanyo UW. If I'm not happy with the HV10 UW, I may go the Sanyo HD2000 route for UW.