DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Build 211 report (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/235878-build-211-report.html)

Matt Vanecek May 22nd, 2009 09:33 AM

Build 211 report

Installed build 211. Opened a PPro project, about 1 hour 30 minutes. Exported the sequence to Adobe Media Encoder using the Cineform preset, high-quality, same as always. As usual, the ImporterProcessServer crashed about 1 hour 45 minutes into the encode. So, that hasn't been fixed yet.

I haven't tried editing the project, yet--I'd already replaced the CFHD with the original M2T to get my project built out to DVD. If I have time, I'll get in there and scrub timelines, play timelines, etc., to see how long it takes to get the ImporterProcessServer crash.

We have GOT to get this fixed--the color and clarity provided by First Light-enabled clips far outshines (and is easier) than what I can get with PPro's color correction on M2T! (there's a backhanded compliment, I guess...)

Anyhow, that's my initial feel for build 211.

Thanks,
Matt

Jay Bloomfield May 22nd, 2009 11:22 AM

I'm not getting any crashes with CS4, so that's better. Unfortunately, the dual installer (CS3, CS4) problem is still there for me (both install logs emailed to Cineform, as previously requested). CS4 is fine, CS3 gets nada. There's also a new issue, the build 211 version of the VFW Codec now crashes Vegas 9.0 Pro consistently on my Vista x64 box. The error report was automatically generated and sent to SCS.

David Newman May 22nd, 2009 12:05 PM

Jay, that is old about CFHD.dll as nothing should have changed, and it is working fine here. If the there is a particular clip, please upload it. Are you using First Light? If you changed the development rules (look controls), just whiching the color database to see it is a combination of look a clip.

Matt Vanecek May 22nd, 2009 12:36 PM

I'm also a bit curious about why the encodes take so long. Exporting to CFHD from CFHD, a 1:35 with only First Light treatments applied will take about 7.5 hours (if it ever managed to finish). CPU usage during that time is only about 11%, which seems extremely low. Exporting the same, from M2T to DV AVI, takes about 1.75 hours, with some minor color correction applied, and using about 65% of the CPU.

Why isn't the Cineform renderer/encoder/whatever grabbing more CPU and pumping through more fps? Intel i7, 12GB RAM, RAID0 video source writing to a SATA (3Gbps) dest. It just seems like the Cineform encoder is grossly underusing the computer's resources.

Thanks,
Matt

David Newman May 22nd, 2009 12:44 PM

Matt is not the encoder which is more than real-time. We have to treat CS4 with kid gloves until we resolved it importer issues, then we will work on the speedup.

Matt Vanecek May 22nd, 2009 01:22 PM

Get it working right. Then make it work faster, if need be. I preach that to my developers. Need to look in the mirror and say those words once in a while. Thanks for the response.
Matt

Jay Bloomfield May 22nd, 2009 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1146898)
Jay, that is old about CFHD.dll as nothing should have changed, and it is working fine here.

It was all 1920x1080 and 1440x1080 CFHD AVI clips. CFHD MOV clips were fine.

I fixed it myself, though. I started playing with the settings in Vegas 9 and there is one in the Project--> Properties to "Adjust media to match project settings". I turned that setting off and now there's no crash. SCS has the error report, so let them worry about it.

Craig Irving May 22nd, 2009 05:01 PM

Just a quick simple question. All my footage still has yellow render bars. Is that still because the RT engine isn't completed yet, or is it because my aspect HD footage being 1440x1080 is not set up correctly for Prospect HD now which is 1920x1080 (is that right?)

Jay Bloomfield May 22nd, 2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Craig Irving (Post 1146993)
Just a quick simple question. All my footage still has yellow render bars. Is that still because the RT engine isn't completed yet, or is it because my aspect HD footage being 1440x1080 is not set up correctly for Prospect HD now which is 1920x1080 (is that right?)

If you are referring to CS4, the RT engine isn't part of build 211, so you are getting yellow bars in PP.

Bruce Gruber May 24th, 2009 08:00 AM

CS4 Test Issue

I have created a project in CS4 imported my captured files using HDLINK Files import fine.. Then I create a mini time line and go to Export/Media set my settings and AME opens. I tell it to start Que and Nothing happens? AME just sits there in waiting Status.. ANy suggestion?

Bruce Gruber May 24th, 2009 02:10 PM

Build 211 issue

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a screen shot of whats not happening with ADOBE Media encoder. Encoder will not encode with builde 211 export just sit there.

Bruce Gruber May 24th, 2009 06:17 PM

AME Error

I still can not get AME to encode CF file from Project here is the error I am getting.

- Source File: C:\Users\Bruce\AppData\Local\Temp\TEST.prproj
- Output File: D:\Media output\211TEST.avi
- Preset Used: Custom
- Video:
- Audio:
- Bitrate:
- Encoding Time: 04:16:17
5/24/2009 8:09:05 PM : Encoding Failed
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted.
It seem like a link is broken. Anyone else having this isse?

James Park May 24th, 2009 08:28 PM

CS4 to AME export issue

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bruce Gruber (Post 1147775)
I still can not get AME to encode CF file from Project here is the error I am getting.

- Source File: C:\Users\Bruce\AppData\Local\Temp\TEST.prproj
- Output File: D:\Media output\211TEST.avi
- Preset Used: Custom
- Video:
- Audio:
- Bitrate:
- Encoding Time: 04:16:17
5/24/2009 8:09:05 PM : Encoding Failed
Could not read from the source. Please check if it has moved or been deleted.
It seem like a link is broken. Anyone else having this isse?

Bruce,

I had this problem before and posted the solution in a previous thread. This is an Adobe issue and not a Cineform issue.

Here's the fix:

Error: "Encoding Failed. Could not read from the source" (Adobe Media Encoder CS4 on Windows)

Apparently, there is a glitch that still needs to be resolved (hopefully with the next Premiere update) where on some systems with CS3/CS4 installed or CS3 uninstalled and CS4 installed some files or pointers get mixed up. The link from Adobe tech support above should fix your problem. Just follow the instructions to the teeth. Make sure when you create the shortcut you just name it "Premiere" and not "premiere.exe" or "adobe premiere.exe" - No *.exe.

Bruce Gruber May 25th, 2009 03:55 AM

Hi James it worked.....

Dave Build 209 210 I did not have this problem and now with 211 it appeared? I have had both CS3 and CS4 installed with 2 previous builds?

Pat Reddy May 25th, 2009 09:04 AM

I am evaluating a trial version of this software (build 211), and I am using it in conjunction with Vegas 8 and one of the most recent versions of Virtualdub. So far I love Firstlight and the quality of the resulting files, but this release seems to be quite buggy. I have had several crashes in both Virtualdub and Vegas 8 using a variety of files. The Virtualdub error report is limited but says that there was an out-of-bounds memory issue with module CFHD on thread cpp:163. I never had issues like these with Neo HDV. I have also had issues with the preview window in Firstlight going blank during switching between software windows. I can usually bring it back by minimizing Firstlight and then restoring it again. I thought this was one of the problems that was resolved in Build 211. Build 211 has also crashed my ATI graphics system about 4 times this weekend.

Pat