DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   No Known Conversion with Neo Scene (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/235954-no-known-conversion-neo-scene.html)

Sean Woods May 23rd, 2009 05:29 PM

No Known Conversion with Neo Scene

I downloaded the Neo Scene trial and I'm capturing clips using imovie 08 from my HV30 to an external firewire drive. Everytime I try to convert the clips with Neo Scene I get a message stating "No Known Conversion for Selected File" with the file name and (mv/icod). Can anybody help me out here or point me in the right direction to get this thing working right? Thanks.

David Newman May 23rd, 2009 10:03 PM

You want to be converting M2T files. I'm not a Mac guy, so I'm not sure whether IMovie supports M2T captures.

Sean Woods May 24th, 2009 11:39 AM

I thought Neo Scene was suppose to work with Imovie? Or is that only when the files are captured by another source then converted by Neo Scene to be used within Imovie?
I appreciate your help David.

David Newman May 24th, 2009 11:55 AM

Yes, not the Mac guy. I know the output from Neo Scecne works well in iMovie, which all the AVCHD users have no issue with (file based conversion in Neo Scene.) With HDV there is still a capture process that happens first. It has been written up before, but finding the info is the trick.

File a ticket or ask Craig Davidson (he is on these forums.)

Craig Davidson May 25th, 2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Woods (Post 1147406)
I downloaded the Neo Scene trial and I'm capturing clips using imovie 08 from my HV30 to an external firewire drive. Everytime I try to convert the clips with Neo Scene I get a message stating "No Known Conversion for Selected File" with the file name and (mv/icod). Can anybody help me out here or point me in the right direction to get this thing working right? Thanks.

NeoScene supports conversion of MTS, m2t, M2TS, and some versions of mov files (h264 for Canon 5d for instance). When you capture using iMovie, it is using a compression format that is not supported for mov source. The "icod" is the Apple Intermediate Codec. You would get better image quality if you can capture using the native format of the camera before converting to CineForm instead of first converting to the Apple Intermediate Codec.

Sean Woods May 25th, 2009 12:08 PM

So I guess capturing with Imovie is out. Can you recommend another form of capturing from the camera?

Craig Davidson May 26th, 2009 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sean Woods (Post 1148044)
So I guess capturing with Imovie is out. Can you recommend another form of capturing from the camera?

In the past we have used QuickTime Pro to capture HDV. It creates an mov using the native encode of the camera. We will try that with the HV20/30 and see if that works properly.

Craig Davidson May 26th, 2009 05:42 PM

I tested with the HV20 and our old Mac Pro (dual-dual). If you use QuickTime to capture from the camera, select "Camera Native" That will create a QuickTime mov encoded as HDV. NeoScene can convert that.