DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   First Light Problem (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/235965-first-light-problem.html)

Tom Santopolo May 23rd, 2009 10:24 PM

First Light Problem

When I make a change I get no visual difference - if I do a white balance using the picker the settings move but no visual change. I sometimes get a very quick flash on the left 1/2 of the picture. I have moved every control but no visual change. I am using the newest Prospect HD 4 on Vista 64bit version. I7 chip. Any help?

David Newman May 23rd, 2009 10:38 PM

Try turning off User Account Control, or what ever the Vista limit usability :). Vista is preventing First Light from updating the color database -- we will have a fix for that at some point so you can level UAC on.

Steve Pesenti June 27th, 2009 09:48 AM

Thanks David.

This one had me baffled for a while too.

When will you release an update which gets around this UAC interference issue?

David Newman June 27th, 2009 03:36 PM

Why are people puuting up with UAC? It is not a high priority to fix this, although it will get done, other things are happening first.

Gary Brun June 28th, 2009 04:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1164312)
Why are people puuting up with UAC? It is not a high priority to fix this, although it will get done, other things are happening first.

UAC really bugs me and I have disabled it.
I can not understand why they made the bloomin thing so troublesome.
For those who don't know just disable it in your services.

Roger Wilson July 1st, 2009 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1164312)

Yes, sometimes UAC can be annoying, but can prevent unwanted changes from happening to a system. Without UAC you leave your system open to attack from malware and viruses which can silently install themselves. With UAC on, if one of these programs attempts to attack your system, you'll be prompted by UAC, at which point you can deny the installation or registry change.

Running your PC with out UAC is like leaving your keys in your car door at the Wal-Mart parking lot!

Roger Wilson July 1st, 2009 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1147478)
Try turning off User Account Control, or what ever the Vista limit usability :). Vista is preventing First Light from updating the color database -- we will have a fix for that at some point so you can level UAC on.

As a work around, instead of turnning of UAC (which opens your system to malware attacks), change the security permissions on the color database files so that your user account has Modify or Full control.

Steve Pesenti July 2nd, 2009 03:57 PM

Roger - Where do I find the colour database files and how do you change the security permissions?

Roger Wilson July 7th, 2009 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve Pesenti (Post 1166354)
Roger - Where do I find the colour database files and how do you change the security permissions?

I would recommend backing up your PC if you've never done this before.

Open Windows Explorer
If you're running 64-bit navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\
If you're not running 64-bit navigate to C:\Program Files
Locate the Cineform folder, right click on it and select Properties from the context menu
Select the Security tab
Click on the Add button under the Groups or user names box. On Windows 7 it will be Edit, which will bring up a similar looking dialog box, then click Add.
The Select Users or Groups dialog box will appear, enter your userid and click ok.
Back in the permissions window, highlight your userid, then in the Permissions group check the Allow Modify permission check box.
Click Ok to apply the permission changes.

This will allow your user id to be able to modify files in the Cineform folder structure.

Rw