Any idea when the RT engine update for PHD? - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 10th, 2009, 03:50 PM   #16
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty Baggen View Post
Adobe must seem like a disastrous blind date to Cineform. As impractical as it may be, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would enjoy seeing an announcement from here about the new standalone Cineform NLE.

You could call it Adobe-Not.
LOL, with Prospect and PP, you pretty much do get a brand new NLE. You're using Cineform's codec to import and render files and even if you render to something else,like h.264 or MPEG-2, those codecs are licensed to Adobe by 3rd parties anyway. You get RT preview, with transitions and FX. You get color correction with First Light. You even get a new splash screen. ;-). In a way, Premiere Pro is more of an add-on to Prospect.
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2009, 07:51 AM   #17
Major Player

It's all state-of-mind.... brilliant assessment Jay! From this day forward, Premiere is now a plug-in.

And you had me at "splash screen".
Marty Baggen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2009, 12:53 PM   #18
Major Player

The splash screen is worth the money in itself ;-)
Old June 11th, 2009, 03:50 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Bloomfield View Post
In a way, Premiere Pro is more of an add-on to Prospect.
And, if you conside that I can't do anything with PP untill ProspectHD works, then it follows that Prospect is the product, supporting the notion that Premiere is the add-on.
Rick Casillas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2009, 08:26 AM   #20
Major Player

My PPCS3 plugin is working great with my Prospect4K editor...sorry for all your lousy CS4 plugins... :)
Old June 12th, 2009, 02:14 PM   #21
Major Player

Hello Cineform,

RT engine update for Prospect HD please?

Simon
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2009, 06:42 PM   #22
Inner Circle

Do you really think they're not working on it, and after reading your post, they'll go, "Oh, man, he's right; we should get on that"?

Obviously they're as eager to get it out as we are to have it, and the whole world will know when it's ready.
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2009, 10:07 AM   #23
Major Player

Hi Adam,

And happy Saturday to you too.

Actually, I think you misunderstood my email though maybe it was not clear.

About once a week, David updates on the progress they have made. Since I had not heard from cineform in awhile, I was hoping for an update on the RT situation.

Nothing more. I paid for Prospect HD way back in January with the understanding that CS4 would work soon. It is now June. I think by asking for a update on the situation is not asking too much.

Good day Adam!

Simon
Old June 13th, 2009, 01:57 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Simon, the update yesterday, 4.05, really moved NeoHD forward. Things are previewing much much better. David said they would have to get some issues resolved with Adobe and get the Basics running smooth, ie Neo foundational code, THEN they would move on to releasing Prospect. He stated they have the engine just about ready.

I was frustrated just like you, as I have been forced to stay in CS3 with ver 3.x of Cineform products until today. Most of the blame lies with Adobe! Premiere did not work until 4.1, which as you know was relased only two weeks ago.

So after six months of owning CS4, I can finally start using it to edit with Cineform 4.x.
Andy Urtusuastegui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2009, 03:43 PM   #25
Major Player

Thank you Andy for the friendly email. Nice to see not everyone is like Adam.

Great to hear the RT is almost ready. I am doing my projects in CS3 too but am really looking forward to using CS4 with cineform. 6 months is a LONG TIME but cineform is worth it.

Take care,

Simon
Old June 14th, 2009, 02:35 AM   #26
Major Player

I can now edit with cineform and CS4 with no errors :-)
Also the Vegas 9 64 bit works with cineform too. :-)
Old June 14th, 2009, 05:17 AM   #27
Major Player

Ok guys. I am going to add my 2 cents.... Everyone is correct here!! First I think Adobe really screwed up PP CS4.. I thnk the latest up date was more geared towards the RED camera support? I wonder what % of PP customers have the red camera? Hummmm??? I am blaming this all on ADOBE and it sound like they are not working with CF in trying to resolve issues? For now I am staying in CS3 for anything that matters I am using CS4 just to test right now.

As far as CF it did sound like they were ready to and did release the 4.0 version. I think they wanted to get First light out! Although I have not used FL because I was more concerned about working this the highest quality video and the awsome compression CF does! I did feel a little slighted by CF becaue they did release 4.0 and it was not ready for CS4 and maybe they should have said it works perfect with cs3 but we still have some issue with cs4. I have spent countless hours trying to get it to work withcs4 when they releaed it. I am sure they are banging their heads off the wall as I was trying to get it worked out..

CF is a great product and I am hoping they can get it to work with cs4 someday soon.

In my real job I am a project manager and most of my job is manageing the customr not the project go figure, and one of the most important aspect of my job is communications.
I agree that CF should give some kind of up date weekly maybe eve if there is no news or bad news!! But communication is the best way to keep customers informed and not wondering if anyone is doing anything or really cares>>> I know they care but not everyone is going to take it that way.

Poor Jake is stuck between a rock and a hard place because everyone is sending tickets to him but he can not do anything about most of them because Adobe is not helping them at all I am sure!!

The RT engin is critical because you need to see your video playing back correctly because you do not want to have choppy play back on certin clips and think its just because the RT is not installed and finish your project, and come to find out that you did have an issue with a clip and that you wasted a hole lot of time!!! ( Ie me)

To some it up yes someone from CF should give us an update.. on ocassion.. Once things get worked out we will have the best looking video... And the best work flow.. I am a happy customer and I love their product and really no other software developer would respond like CF does.. Try getting a response from ADOBE ha..LOL!!!!!!
Bruce Gruber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 05:37 PM   #28
Major Player

So what you are saying Bruce is I was right and Adam was wrong.

LOL!

:)

Simon
Old June 16th, 2009, 02:46 PM   #29
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Zimmer View Post
Nice to see not everyone is like Adam.
Oof. Ouch. Yeesh, some people have no sense of humor. I think if you actually go back and read my posts you'll see there are more people thanking me for my help and advice over the years than almost anyone else [Full Disclosure: No official audit of Thank You Notes performed.] So maybe we might be better off if everyone *was* a little more like me.

My point was as valid then as it is now: the question has been asked and answered a bazillion times, and the answer is always the same: they're working on it and will let us know when it's done. Golly, even my kids know when to stop asking "are we there yet?". The response is even more appropriate considering how you asked the question, which was clearly an inquiry about updating the software and not a *progress report* about status of said update. One usually benefits from using complete sentences in questions like these so as to avoid misunderstandings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simon Zimmer View Post
So what you are saying Bruce is I was right and Adam was wrong.
That's as perplexing and unnecessarily personal as it is nonsensical. I made no statements that could be either right or wrong in this context.

By the way, I'm in the exact same position here as everyone else -- I bought PHD3 just so I could upgrade to PHD4 when Cineform orphaned us AHD users. There was no other choice if we want Cineform support for CS4, and I'm just as eager/anxious to get the RT Engine support as everyone else. I just don't feel the need to pester them incessantly about it. I'd rather whine about lack of full-screen overlay support and the removal of m2t export...
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 16th, 2009, 04:19 PM   #30
Major Player

RT update Dave - please!

Simon
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase