DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Any idea when the RT engine update for PHD? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/236613-any-idea-when-rt-engine-update-phd.html)

Rick Casillas June 2nd, 2009 11:51 AM

Any idea when the RT engine update for PHD?

David,

I was wondering if there is any anouncement or indication of when we will get the RT for PP CS4?

I am not sure if the PP CS4.1 solved most of the issues, or just created more to deal with.

Rick C.

Robert Young June 2nd, 2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick Casillas (Post 1152900)
David,

I was wondering if there is any anouncement or indication of when we will get the RT for PP CS4?

I am not sure if the PP CS4.1 solved most of the issues, or just created more to deal with.

Rick C.

That would be very helpful. I feel like I can't really start a project in PHD4/CS4 as it currently stands.

David Newman June 2nd, 2009 12:22 PM

RT will not happen until importers and exporter are completely solid, we are 90% there, yet it is way slower than ther should be (even with 4.1.) Adobe just doesn't give our components any work to do, and we are trying to find out why CS4 seems to have 30mph governor on it. We are still waiting on answers from Adobe, before moving on the RT engine. The good news the RT engine is ready, just awaiting the hooks to CS4.

Simon Zimmer June 2nd, 2009 01:09 PM

I agree. No reason to start a project in CS4 until the RT engine is there.

:(

Maybe it will fix the ImporterProcessserver error?????

Simon

Marty Hudzik June 2nd, 2009 07:37 PM

David,

Any chance the new realtime engine will hook into Adobes preview engine instead of relying on hardware overlay? I don't even need to go into all of the issues this causes with Nvidia cards for you to know why I am asking about this.

Thanks.

David Newman June 2nd, 2009 08:28 PM

I don't think I need to go into all the reasons why we not want to use any more Adobe APIs and there screen drivers are not exposed.

Michael Panfeld June 2nd, 2009 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon Zimmer (Post 1152951)
I agree. No reason to start a project in CS4 until the RT engine is there.

No reason to work in CS4.x = no reason to pay for upgrade to CF ProspectHD 4.x

David Newman June 2nd, 2009 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michael Panfeld (Post 1153183)
No reason to work in CS4.x = no reason to pay for upgrade to CF ProspectHD 4.x

I guess you haven't seen First Light -- that is the reason to upgrade.

Rick Casillas June 2nd, 2009 09:17 PM

Even on CS3 cineform works just fine. Well worth it! And yes First Light is well worth it as well. Not to mention all of the new goodies coming our way with FL.

Rick C.

Simon Zimmer June 2nd, 2009 09:20 PM

The upgrade is worth it just hope cs4 works pronto.

I still like cineform.

;)

Simon

Robert Young June 3rd, 2009 02:04 AM

Come on... you know you're gonna do it eventually anyway. Just go on and give them the money. post a few observations & tell your friends that you're a softwear developer now.
Rumor has it that CF is going to issue merit badges to those who jumped into the Beta and played in the mud.

Simon Zimmer June 9th, 2009 04:58 PM

Hello,

RT engine getting any closer for Prospect HD?

I haven't done any beta testing in awhile because without the RT engine it is not worth trying a new project in CS4.

Simon

Eric Larson June 10th, 2009 07:55 AM

Looks like MainConcept is having a similar problem with CS4 for their newly released plugin

"* Smart rendering is not available under current Premiere Pro CS4 releases, because of a defect in its plug-in API. Future updates of Premiere Pro CS4 and MPEG Pro HD 4 will solve this."

So I guess the blame is squarely in Adobe's court.

Marty Baggen June 10th, 2009 08:44 AM

Adobe must seem like a disastrous blind date to Cineform. As impractical as it may be, I'm sure I'm not the only one who would enjoy seeing an announcement from here about the new standalone Cineform NLE.

You could call it Adobe-Not.

Gary Brun June 10th, 2009 09:53 AM

To be perfectly honest I upgraded to PHD4 and could do with the real time effects etc.
I upgraded though "knowing" it wasn't ready yet.
I'm sure Jake is pulling his hair out at the moment (don't know what he looks like.... maybe he ain't got any anyway) trying to sort the software out. :-)

What I do know is that the company has integrity and will fix the problems... so I will wait patiently knowing I will have an excellent product when its debugged.

Thanks Cineform.