Tip: Avoiding audio glitch with NeoScene and multi-file AVCHD clips at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 11th, 2009, 10:52 PM   #1
New Boot

Tip: Avoiding audio glitch with NeoScene and multi-file AVCHD clips

Using NeoScene 1.3.1-116 to convert AVCHD files shot with Panasonic AG-HMC150, 720p60 (PH quality).

I had 2 long clips (~45 minutes each) that were each split across 2 MTS files by HMC150 due to 4GB filesize limit, like so:

clip A -> A1.MTS & A2.MTS
clip B -> B1.MTS & B2.MTS

After converting *.MTS to *.AVI with NeoScene, I found that the audio at the end of A1.AVI and B1.AVI was truncated approximately 1 second before the end.

I have no idea why this happened or how to avoid it.

As a workaround, I used the latest tsMuxer (1.10.6) to first join the *.MTS files, then transcoded the joined files using NeoScene.

The seam was glitch-free and the audio at the end of the joined clips was not truncated.
Old June 12th, 2009, 01:40 PM   #2
Regular Crew

I have heard of this before. Looks like you have to join the segments before transcoding to Cineform.

Off topic. How do like the HMC150? I am very close to buying but am afraid of the low resolution.
Andy Urtusuastegui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 12th, 2009, 04:54 PM   #3
New Boot

No regrets so far!

Solid-state storage, long battery life, full HD with 24p, dedicated manual controls...

It's the perfect combination of features at a price that made sense to me.

I'm not sure of the resolution issue you mention, however... what exactly is 'low resolution'?
Do you mean compared to 2K/4K sensors? In that case, yeah, it's 'low resolution'...

Cheers

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase