New versions posted for all PC and Mac CineForm tools - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 14th, 2009, 12:14 PM   #16
Regular Crew

Roger, similar % of usage on my machine also. I have Vista x64 SP2, Quad Core 2.83ghz.
CS4 4.1

I am getting in 92% range when viewing in high quality playback and 75% range if previewed in Draft mode
Andy Urtusuastegui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2009, 12:32 PM   #17
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Urtusuastegui View Post
Roger, similar % of usage on my machine also. I have Vista x64 SP2, Quad Core 2.83ghz.
CS4 4.1

I am getting in 92% range when viewing in high quality playback and 75% range if previewed in Draft mode
O.k, then i am not alone with this issue. I see the same issue on my old laptop as well.

I updated the graphic card driver and that helped a bit, but not much. It is ImporterProcessServer.exe that uses all that power when i playback the footage. This Process belongs to Pr CS4.
Old June 14th, 2009, 04:42 PM   #18
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Where are ALL your Premiere PRo folders? Exact paths please.
CS4 was a standard install on a clean version of Vista x64 to the Program Files (x86) on the C drive.

full file path Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/CS4
Ray Parkes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 14th, 2009, 05:26 PM   #19
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Parkes View Post
CS4 was a standard install on a clean version of Vista x64 to the Program Files (x86) on the C drive.

full file path Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/CS4
I am somewhat remote on a satelite link and keep loosing your server. I had not finished this responce when this last happened.

The full Premier path is Vista/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Premier Pro CS4

I notice that CF filters installed in Adobe Premier Pro CS4/Plug-ins/common and also put a Cineform folder into the Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/CS4.
The files all have the same date so I presume they all installed at the same time.

They work when moved down one level to Adobe/Common/Plug-ins/CS4/Mediacore
Old June 14th, 2009, 05:53 PM   #20
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Is the Vista part of "Vista/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Premier Pro CS4" really in your path. Please should the full path including the drive letter, as that path looks weird.
Old June 14th, 2009, 06:38 PM   #21
Regular Crew

Quote:
Is the Vista part of "Vista/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Premier Pro CS4" really in your path. Please should the full path including the drive letter, as that path looks weird.
Vista is the C drive that machine is dual boot and I tend to use the labels and ignore the letters. It should be:

C/Program Files (x86)/Adobe/Adobe Premier Pro CS4
Old June 14th, 2009, 11:12 PM   #22
Major Player

I am getting ImporterProcessServer.exe crashes quite regulary and it blames the cineform dll. :-)
Old June 15th, 2009, 04:15 AM   #23
Major Player

Quote:
Please file a trouble ticket, yet's see if support can work that one out.
I tried, but it requires a serial number and i have a trial verison of Neo Scene.

However, playback 1920x1080 CFHD footage in Pr CS4.1 and take a look at the CPU usage and how much of that CPU usage ImporterProcessServer.exe uses. I see the same issue on any CFHD 1920x1080 Timeline and/or directly in the Source which rule out any mismatch between media and Timeline.

Dual Intel Xeon E5450, 3.0 GHz
16 GB FBDIMM RAM
ASUS Nvidia 9800 GT
Dedicated video drives with lots of space
Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit

Last edited by Roger Averdahl; June 15th, 2009 at 09:46 AM.
Roger Averdahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 07:06 AM   #24
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Young View Post
Hmmm... My CF 32 bit filters & transitions show up in Pro CS4, and are usable, tho they give a red render line.
However, I can't find any "Mediacore" folder under Program Files (x86). Adobe> PProCS4, or Common Files> Adobe. I remember there was a Mediacore folder on my old CS3 system
Now my CF filter/transition files are installed in Program Files (x86)> Adobe> PProCS4> Plug ins> en_US.
Is this as it should be, or am I missing something??
Hey Islandman, how's the bleeding edge? You back to CS3 for serious work? Just wondering if the bloodpressure level in the Islands is going up again...or if your CS4 projects are actually limping forward? (come on, admit it, that CS3 workstation behind you is still doing the real work)

No, that is not snickers in the background...I really feel for you...

I guess Adobe is getting like MS with their version numbers: "anything odd is good, even is not".

Maybe CS5 will chase the 4 blues away...if there's any blood left in us. Maybe we'll get lucky and Google will come up with a cloud computing editor to take on Adobe...snick snick...
Old June 15th, 2009, 10:11 AM   #25
Major Player

At the moment I feel like Adobe has their head in the clouds and I have a fully fledged "cloud editor".
Old June 15th, 2009, 11:19 AM   #26
Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Armour View Post
I guess Adobe is getting like MS with their version numbers: "anything odd is good, even is not". ...
I still remember all the screaming about how crappy CS3 was compared to PPro2. So a bit of revisionist history here, I think...
Adam Gold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 12:00 PM   #27
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen Armour View Post
Hey Islandman, how's the bleeding edge? You back to CS3 for serious work? Just wondering if the bloodpressure level in the Islands is going up again...or if your CS4 projects are actually limping forward?
Stephen:
I am actually moving along rather smartly on a 30 min program (200-300 clips in the bins) using PHD4/CS4/Firstlight. It's all running pretty smooth. The power of i7/ Vista 64/ Big RAM is very impressive and I do like PPro CS4. So far, no lock ups, crashes, etc. Occasional minor previewing problems due to lack of CF RT playback, but no big deal so far. I'm encouraged!!
And...duh...I did finally find my Mediacore folder- everything seems to have installed in the right folders.
I'm finding Firstlight to be both terrific and convenient as a basic CC/Clip Tweaking device.
Bottom line: right this minute, CF/CS4 seems to be working better than CF/CS3 does on the old XP/Quad system.
We may finally be coming down the home stretch on all of this.

Last edited by Robert Young; June 15th, 2009 at 01:39 PM.
Robert Young is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 05:36 PM   #28
Major Player

Well, smack my mouth! That's the best news I've heard all day! And yes, I confess, now that I remember back Adam...CS3 was crap city in the beginning. Maybe there is hope for CS4 after all?

I'll have to turn my chair around and go back to bleeding with CS4 on another workstation for a while, and see if you guys are telling me the truth...ha!

I sure hope so, we've got lots of work ahead and we need all the POWER we can get.

Keep bleeding! Keep bleeding! We need the fixes and you guys have got my attention now...
Old June 15th, 2009, 05:40 PM   #29
Major Player

Interesting because I always liked CS3. I started out with PP2 also. CS4 is the FIRST TIME that Adobe reminded me of Microsoft which is not good.

But looks like Cineform is fixing all the Adobe errors which is great to hear.

Simon
Simon Zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2009, 08:02 PM   #30
Regular Crew

hmmm

Booya...fixed :)
Dmitry Yun is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase