CineForm 64-bit Support in Beta for Vegas - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 18th, 2009, 03:23 PM   #16
Major Player

IESHIMS.DLL

Warning: At least one delay-load dependency module was not found.
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.
Old June 18th, 2009, 03:36 PM   #17
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Brun View Post
OK David.
Some more info.
The first aviplug.dll that Sony issued a fix for (think I downloaded and installed about a week ago) I downloaded again and found it to be a different size.
I have now replaced with the latest and added all your files and the xtra dll as suggested.

It now works fine for me in Best full 1920x1080x 32; 29,970
No skips or reverting to preview.

Aaaahhh! Classic, user error. ;) You installed the Sony 32-bit AVIPlug.dll into your 64-bit system (boom!), as last week they only had a 32-bit patch (now they have both.) Nothing to do with CineForm -- hopeful we haven't put too many people off from trying this out. Glad it is working, and yes it seems pretty fast in 64-bit.

P.S. IESHIMS.DLL is not needed.
Old June 18th, 2009, 03:41 PM   #18
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Aaaahhh! Classic, user error. ;) You installed the Sony 32-bit AVIPlug.dll into your 64-bit system (boom!), as last week they only had a 32-bit patch (now they have both.) Nothing to do with CineForm -- hopeful we haven't put too many people off from trying this out. Glad it is working, and yes it seems pretty fast in 64-bit.

P.S. IESHIMS.DLL is not needed.
I do opologise... and I bet Im not the only one who is going to do it :-)
Old June 18th, 2009, 04:32 PM   #19
CTO, CineForm Inc.

I just re-uploaded the InstallCFHD64.zip so it no longer needs the libmmd.dll. Making it simpler for new testers.
Old June 19th, 2009, 02:02 AM   #20
Major Player

Hi David, a couple of quick questions here.

I'm currently running Neo HDV. My camera is a HV20 with a 35mm adapter that I'll be using at least until the Scarlets get released. So the flip option is essential for all my captures.

Now if I was to upgrade to Neo HD and installed this codec on Vista 64 running the 64 bit version of Vegas 9, would I be able to use my old Neo HDV files on the timeline? Currently only the audio is imported, even though the videos play back fine in Vista 64's Media player. Or would I need to convert them to Neo HD files using this 64bit codec?

Also, will First Light work with the 64 bit codec? And if so, would it make any difference if my original footage was at HDV resolution from the HV20?
Old June 19th, 2009, 07:46 AM   #21

G'day David...

This is just an FYI post.
Installation of the 64-bit CF decoder on Windows 7 continues to fail due to a permissions problem with "system32" directory. I had to manually copy the dll and inf files into "system32". Once copied, I tried to execute rundll32 and, again, received a "could not copy cfhd" error message. After rebooting the system, however, I was able to access the 64-bit decoder within Vegas 64.

I am hearing repetitive "clicks" in the audio. Not sure what the source of the noise is, but, the original file is OK.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 08:59 AM   #22
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ravens View Post
G'day David...

This is just an FYI post.
Installation of the 64-bit CF decoder on Windows 7 continues to fail due to a permissions problem with "system32" directory. I had to manually copy the dll and inf files into "system32". Once copied, I tried to execute rundll32 and, again, received a "could not copy cfhd" error message. After rebooting the system, however, I was able to access the 64-bit decoder within Vegas 64.

I am hearing repetitive "clicks" in the audio. Not sure what the source of the noise is, but, the original file is OK.
Haven't looked a Windows 7 yet. The audio issues are not us if it only happening in 64-bit, the codec is video only, it is Vegas that is extracting the audio. If the clicking are happening at the convertion stage, please get the source to support, with the conversion settings you used.
Old June 20th, 2009, 12:08 PM   #23
Major Player

FYI: I had the same problem as Bill not being able to install the file in Windows 7.

Marc
Marc Salvatore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2009, 06:58 PM   #24
Regular Crew

Codec wouldn't install under windows vista. I had to run command promt as administrator, navigate to unzip folder and run from there. It worked that way. (I tried running the bat file as administrator but it didn't help)
Daniel Moreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2009, 10:06 PM   #25
CTO, CineForm Inc.

On my Vista-64 installs, have not issue, but I happy you have worked out a work around to use the beta.
Old June 25th, 2009, 10:11 PM   #26
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Here is the new 64-bit codec and builds

version 5.1.1 of the 64-bit codec http://miscdata.com/cineform/InstallCFHD64-511.zip

N4K http://www.cineform.com/downloads/Ne...14c-090625.zip
NHD http://www.cineform.com/downloads/Ne...14c-090625.zip
P4K http://www.cineform.com/downloads/Pr...14c-090625.zip
PHD http://www.cineform.com/downloads/Pr...14c-090625.zip

Only new element is these builds are to support the new 64-bit codec, otherwise they are the same as the current release software.
Old June 27th, 2009, 01:10 AM   #27
Regular Crew

I want to buy NeoScene to use with Vegas pro 9 (64 bit) to work with footage from a Panasonic GH1 and Canon HV30 (need to remove pulldown)
I am still in "trial" phase, but having lots of trouble to make that combo work. Previously I used a NeoScene trial with Vegas 8.0c and it worked just fine.
Can NeoScene work with 64-bit Vegas?
Are the codec issues with the new version solved? I managed to install the 64-bit codec with a NeoHD trial. I can edit my cineform captured files, but as soon as I go to "render as" vegas crashes...
Daniel Moreno is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase