DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   HD Monitoring Via BlackMagic Intensity (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/237771-hd-monitoring-via-blackmagic-intensity.html)

Martin Rahn June 22nd, 2009 08:18 AM

HD Monitoring Via BlackMagic Intensity

Is this project still alive?

Martin Rahn June 24th, 2009 04:42 AM

Bump.

Aren't those of of us who are interested in PPro HD monitoring entitld to know where this stands?

Mikael Bergstrom June 24th, 2009 06:53 AM

I like to know the status too?

Greg Kubitschek June 24th, 2009 06:59 AM

Intensity Pro

I agree also. I wish Adobe wasn't so hard for David and crew to deal with, beacuse I am sure they'd have this further along by now. I sure hope that these quirks can get worked out before Adobe decides to SELL us CS-5>

Martin Rahn June 24th, 2009 08:30 AM

Greg:

The last I heard, the issue was with Black Magic Design, not Adobe.

Roger Averdahl June 24th, 2009 09:12 AM

I can preview CineForm 1920x1080, 1280x720 (25p and 50p) and DV files from any Blackmagic Design Timeline in CS4. I get no red render bar abowe the footage.

However, the real time performance is not good with the CineForm codec today so the playback stops due to dropped frames. I hope that it will be fixed soon when CineForm comes out with a functional version of the codec and when Blackmagic Design release functional drivers. (This drop frame thing happens in Blackmagic Design Projects as well when editing with their own codecs. Yes, the disks can sustain the data rate required. Its a CS4 issue that should have been fixed in the 4.1 update.)

To be continued...

Martin Rahn June 24th, 2009 10:40 AM

Roger:

If I use a Black Magic preset, I can monitor the video on an external HD TV.

The problem is that when I use a CF preset and the Intensity card, there is no external preview. What Cineform has been promising is that you should be able to monitor using the BM Intensity card with a CF preset with either Aspect or Prospect and that just hasn't happened. It doesn't even seem to be mentioned anymore which is a major disappointment for me.

Hopefully when David gets back, he will see this message string andhopefully tell us whether or not it can be or will be done.

Martin Rahn June 24th, 2009 10:58 AM

I just tried a BM preset with Mt2S clips and those same clips converted via HDLink to CF. I found the same results as Roger, no red lines above the video but constant drop outs.

Roger Averdahl June 24th, 2009 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Martin Rahn (Post 1162848)
...monitor using the BM Intensity card with a CF preset with either Aspect or Prospect and that just hasn't happened.

Aha, i tested it with NeoScene and NeoScene HD so i was overlooking the real-time engine capabilities of Aspect and Prospect. I was so thrilled with NeoScene and the fact that i got no red render bar and realized that it is possible to preview the footage without the need to render it in order to avoid drop frames. In CS3 and earlier that was impossible because the footage had the red render bar and dropped frames all the time even with good drivers from BMD.

So yes, with Aspect/Prospect it is another outcome i am afraid, IE the lost of the real-time engine.

Geoff Gartside June 25th, 2009 01:04 AM

I too have a Blackmagic (Multibridge) card, and have experienced the all problems mentioned above.
I was told in April by CineForm that the intended release date had slipped to June.

Our system is built around Multibridge and, as it works very well with HDCAM etc., I'm more that a little reluctant to swap it for an AJA card and find that the CineForm BM support is released the following week!

I'm waiting, as I suspect many others are, for this support to arrive (and the RT CS4 engine) before investing in P4K.

It would certainly be good to know what the current situation is.

David Newman June 25th, 2009 09:08 AM

Clearly the CS4 issues have slowed progressive on support of all output devices.

Order of priority at the moment for output cards:

AJA LHe, LH, 2Ke under First Light -- only a week or two away.
AJA LHi under Prospect (CS3) + First Light
AJA IOExpress under Prospect (CS3) + First Light
BM Decklink/Intensity under First Light
Matrox MXO2 under First Light
AJA+BM+Matrox under Prospect CS4 (all need the RT Engine.)

How long this takes is not know at this time -- hope to move through the top 3 quickly. First Light + Intensity will be pretty cool, so hopeful that isn't too tricky. Prospect + CS3 users will benefit more from AJA for some time. Depending on how much more change is required to the RT engine for CS4, Prospect + BM will likely not appear in CS3, only CS4.

Martin Rahn August 25th, 2009 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1163312)
Clearly the CS4 issues have slowed progressive on support of all output devices.

Order of priority at the moment for output cards:

AJA LHe, LH, 2Ke under First Light -- only a week or two away.
AJA LHi under Prospect (CS3) + First Light
AJA IOExpress under Prospect (CS3) + First Light
BM Decklink/Intensity under First Light
Matrox MXO2 under First Light
AJA+BM+Matrox under Prospect CS4 (all need the RT Engine.)

How long this takes is not know at this time -- hope to move through the top 3 quickly. First Light + Intensity will be pretty cool, so hopeful that isn't too tricky. Prospect + CS3 users will benefit more from AJA for some time. Depending on how much more change is required to the RT engine for CS4, Prospect + BM will likely not appear in CS3, only CS4.

Any news about timeline monitoring via BM Intensity?

I realize that working with CS4 has been and is difficult but this has been promised (and not delivered) going back to the Aspect days and CS3.

If you can't provide this service, at least say so. The delay is getting somewhat ridiculous.

As I have said before..many times..., I am an amateur who paid $$$$ to Cineform to get HD definition realtine monitoring and purchased the BM card and Aspect, then Prospect. The result= ZERO. I am not about to spend more money to get an AJA card.

If you guys have no intention of providing time line monitoring via BM, at least say so, so I can complain to the BBB where you reside and try to get my money back for false advertising.

My investment is over a thousand dollars with no results. Maybe you professionals fawn over Cineform. but I don't.

Martin Rahn

Mikael Couderc August 25th, 2009 06:46 AM

Hi Martin,
If I understand well, you're able to send your PP CS4/Cineform timeline to an external CC monitor BUT not if you're trying to color correct using Color Finesse.
So using any is fine and allows you to monitor BUT using BOTH is a no-go?
If that's the case, it renders the BM card useless for CF users (which I am)...
1-I am understanding you right?
2-What about AE? Have you tried DYnamic linking your project to AE once completed and CC from CF there? That might work...
3-You're mentionning Kona cards in your post: would those work as you intend?

Thanx (your answers will be very helpful as I'm in the process of buying a card that will be used to do just what you're trying to)

Mikael Couderc August 27th, 2009 07:52 AM

Please disregard the previous post as I was under the assumption that the poster had issues with cineform codec and color finesse in premiere pro. I too often use CF for color finesse in other forums and din't realize it could also mean CineForm (which makes sense, really, especially in a Cieform forum!)
I apologize for any confusion it may have brought.