HDLink and whacky consumer-cam formats? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 25th, 2009, 08:06 AM   #1
Trustee

HDLink and whacky consumer-cam formats?

Since my main cameras are all HDV I haven't been paying much attention to Cineform's AVCHD conversion capabilities.

However this week I have been using a Samsung HMX-H100 for some work projects that require its timelapse capabilities. It produces 1280x720p 59.97frame/s progressive .mp4 files, using a "Samsung AVC" codec.

Although I didn't necessarily expect the HDLink that comes with my ProspectHD to be able to convert these mp4s I gave it a try ... and it almost worked. Audio is fine, but the video stream emerges at 29.97 frames per sec and so the footage plays back at half speed. (I kinda recall an earlier post with a similar half-speed problem, but didn't find that when I searched quickly just now).

Anyways, I guess my question presently is: is HDLink intended to support this kind of consumer-cam footage ... or was I just fortunate to get as close to success as I did?
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2009, 09:09 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Support has a hack to make wacky cameras work also.
Old June 25th, 2009, 09:29 AM   #3
Trustee

Awesome - I'll file a ticket!
Graham Hickling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2009, 10:06 AM   #4
New Boot

i have a little problem with wacky sanyo hd1010 mp4s

I have converted some 5dm2 stuff fine, but the footage from a sanyo hd1010 mp4 files have some issue with "no suitable video decoder found"

I thought that they were both similar codecs but wrapped in different files?

Also the mp4's play fine in quicktime, i got around this previously by converting the 30p mp4s in after effects cs4 and using a frame rate preset by videocopilot to get it warped and slowed to 25p, then i got my CF avis.

any ideas David?

thanks
Oli
Olie Walker is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase