New beta builds for 64-bit and installer issues - Page 2 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old June 29th, 2009, 01:09 PM   #16
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Neo Scene : http://www.cineform.com/downloads/Ne...17j-090629.zip

The above version has been testing to work, in Admin or User modes, with UAC on or off, XP 32/64 and Vista 32/64 (no Windows 7 support yet.) Please confirm on your system. I also includes the 64-bit version MSVCR80.DLL, for those that didn't have that.

Encoding licensing has been testing for trial and activated system. If you are now only having encoder license issue, when you request to CineForm codec control panel for the first time (in Vegas or VirtualDub) how many seconds does it take to open?
Old June 29th, 2009, 02:12 PM   #17
Regular Crew

I understand that Win 7 isn't currently supported since it's only in RC stage at the moment, but unless I'm mistaken I see that others have gotten it working with Vegas 9 64-bit and cineform hd 64-bit codec, at least partially. I am curious to know what could be going on with my setup. My install is very clean - so far I've only installed vegas pro 9 64-bit, vegas 8.0c (though I deinstalled it), sony acid pro and neo scene.

I have Vista 64-bit but i wiped out the installation a few months ago because the performance was too much of a disappointment. I am not interested in reinstalling it since I will be installing the released version of win 7 in a few months. So if anybody else out there has managed to get it working with Win 7 64-bit, I'd like to compare notes.
Keith Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2009, 02:33 PM   #18
Regular Crew

sorry, I forgot to mention that the latest (117j) version did not rectify the situation.
Old June 29th, 2009, 03:03 PM   #19
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Paisley View Post
sorry, I forgot to mention that the latest (117j) version did not rectify the situation.
What situation? you have said a lot, what doesn't get fixed.

Are you still missing MSVCR80.DLL?

David
Old June 29th, 2009, 03:24 PM   #20
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
What situation? you have said a lot, what doesn't get fixed.

Are you still missing MSVCR80.DLL?

David
No, I got MSVCR80.DLL and IESHIMS.DLL and confirmed they are both x64 versions via Dependency Walker. I am still unable to open cineform AVIs using either Virtualdub64 or Sony Vegas 9 64-bit.

Dependency walker doesn't mention any missing dlls now, but I am still getting this error message in the DW log window though.

Code:
Error: The Side-by-Side configuration information for "c:\windows\system32\CFHD.DLL" contains errors. The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail (14001).
Warning: At least one module has an unresolved import due to a missing export function in a delay-load dependent module.
There are two dlls listed with slightly different icons next to them. see below

http://i43.tinypic.com/j8ipe0.png
Old June 29th, 2009, 03:49 PM   #21
CTO, CineForm Inc.

No idea what "Side-by-Side configuration information" is. The Depends output is otherwise fine. In you do to c:\windows\system32 And Right Click on CFHD.inf and select install what happens?

David
Old June 29th, 2009, 03:58 PM   #22
Regular Crew

yes, I've tried the "install" on the cfhd.inf file to no avail.

if it matters, everything seems to work on 32-bit virtualdub.
Old June 29th, 2009, 04:21 PM   #23
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith Paisley View Post
yes, I've tried the "install" on the cfhd.inf file to no avail.

if it matters, everything seems to work on 32-bit virtualdub.
If that right click install doesn't work, your PC has other issues not related to the beta. All other reports have said the direct install has worked (admin level required.) The issues we have been working on are installer and encoder licensing related, the 64-bit VFW Decoder has been working for a couple of weeks, mostly without issue.
Old June 29th, 2009, 06:37 PM   #24
New Boot

curious few lines in my install.log file now with the j build. seems it finds then doesn't find premiere elements:

Look for PremierePro.exe
Read HKLM\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Premiere Elements\7.0 Got C:\multimedia\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0\Plug-ins\en_US
Premiere Elements Found
Create folder: C:\multimedia\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0\Plug-ins\en_US\CineForm
Output folder: C:\multimedia\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Elements 7.0\Plug-ins\en_US\CineForm
Extract: im-CFHD_File_Import.prm... 100%
No Premiere Elements Found
Charles Sommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2009, 08:02 PM   #25
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
No idea what "Side-by-Side configuration information" is. The Depends output is otherwise fine. In you do to c:\windows\system32 And Right Click on CFHD.inf and select install what happens?

David
That's how Vista keeps track of multiple versions of DLLs, etc., used by different programs:

Side-by-side Assemblies (Windows)
Jay Bloomfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2009, 09:45 PM   #26
CTO, CineForm Inc.

The only error is the log message, it says that where it installs or not. It is working fine.
Old June 30th, 2009, 07:15 AM   #27
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Bloomfield View Post
That's how Vista keeps track of multiple versions of DLLs, etc., used by different programs:

Side-by-side Assemblies (Windows)
Interesting. So this definitely seems to be the source of the problem I'm seeing with the 64-bit CFHD VFW decode (i haven't tried a 64-bit encode) on Windows 7. If I'm correctly understanding the information in that MSDN link, my guess would be that Windows 7 probably has slightly different default libraries that aren't accounted for in this version of CFHD.dll.
Old June 30th, 2009, 07:20 AM   #28

Keith..
I have the 64-bit Cineform codec working in Win7. I had to manually install the 64-bit build. Do this by copying the two files into the system32 folder. Register the files by right clicking on the .inf file and selecting INSTALL. Reboot. I believe there are issues with the Win7 RC1 UAC module.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 07:41 AM   #29
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Ravens View Post
Keith..
I have the 64-bit Cineform codec working in Win7. I had to manually install the 64-bit build. Do this by copying the two files into the system32 folder. Register the files by right clicking on the .inf file and selecting INSTALL. Reboot. I believe there are issues with the Win7 RC1 UAC module.

I have tried installing CFHD by right-clicking CFHD.inf and selecting "install" but it didn't work, even after a reboot. By "two files" i assume you mean CFHD.dll and CFHD.inf, correct?

Also, can you tell me which version of the files you have installed? I'm also curious to know if you have you viewing the CFHD.dll file in dependency walker.

thanks
Old June 30th, 2009, 08:06 AM   #30

Keith...
yes, those are the 2 files I copied over. cfhd64.dll gets copied over with a name change to cfhd.dll
Have not looked at the execution with Dependency Walker.
I'm using the 214d version with NeoHD. Decoder version 5.1.1
Sorry about the incorrect reference to install procedure. I had to mess around for a while and forgot which method worked. I think I, finally, got it to install by opening the COMMAND WINDOW and manually typing in the install string used by the Cineform install.bat file.
Bill Ravens is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase