New beta builds for 64-bit and installer issues - Page 4 at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old July 3rd, 2009, 07:46 AM   #46
Regular Crew

I was unable to work on this yesterday but I got my system drive switched back over to my original Windows 7 install and I am happy to say that with the latest build I am now able to decode video using the x64 VFW CFHD codec. The only problem I'm seeing now is that for some reason I do not get any audio track decode, which is the opposite of what I had before. Anybody else observe this?

UPDATE: Nevermind, there's no longer an audio problem on my end - apparently somewhere in all the system restore cycling (while trying to get the earlier 64-bit builds to work), the ac3filter ended up being not installed on this machine (though the cineform installer indicated that it was). I just reinstalled ac3filter 1.61b and it seems to have rectified the situation.

thank you cineform for getting this working properly on windows 7! I've a large backlog of footage that I can finally start editing again.

Last edited by Keith Paisley; July 3rd, 2009 at 08:43 AM. Reason: edited to reflect audio problem resolution
Keith Paisley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2009, 05:00 AM   #47
Regular Crew

I Give Up

Earlier, in another post here, I said, " I give up on Adobe CS4" (or as David might say, " I given up oon Adobee C s4" (!) After several more days of futile effort, I guess I am really mistaken in making any more investment for the foreseeable future in time or money in a further Cineform/Adobe combination.

I have just done a totally clean install of the OS and ALL other programs (including the latest Cineform Prospect 4k). Cineform, as always, proves to be an invaluable tool in all respects for CS3. But with Premiere CS4, it doesn't even show up as an option yet for the basic set up, after the $500 investment 6 months ago in Adobe and more recently another $200 for the latest Prospect 4K build. Am I missing something? Or, because of Adobe's obdurate attitude and behavior, is that just the way it is?
William Urschel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 03:31 PM   #48
Regular Crew

I'm currently using NeoScene 1.3.3 b118 (from 1.7.09) on Win7 RC 64bit and everything works fine besides one problem I'm having:

In After Effects CS4 I get duplicated/skipped frames!

Here's what I'm doing:
1. Converting Canon 5D MkII h264 MOV clips via HDLink/NeoScene to Cineform AVI
2. Loading Cineform AVI into After Effects CS4
3. Loading original Canon MOV into AFX as well
4. Compare them frame by frame - in the Cineform AVI sometimes a frame is duplicated and the next frame skipped (so instead of the next correct frame the image data of the previous frame is duplicated)

After removing CFHD_AVI_Importer.prm from the Adobe Common MediaCore directory both the original MOV and the Cineform version look exactly the same - no frames are skipped/duplicated!

Seems to be an isolated issue with the Adobe Cineform AVI Importer/Reader Plugin...
So for now I'm just using the default AVI/DirectShow Importer.. (I guess the quality for 5D converted clips should be the same)

Cheers
-Sören
Soeren Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 06:14 PM   #49
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soeren Mueller View Post
I'm currently using NeoScene 1.3.3 b118 (from 1.7.09) on Win7 RC 64bit and everything works fine besides one problem I'm having:

In After Effects CS4 I get duplicated/skipped frames!

Here's what I'm doing:
1. Converting Canon 5D MkII h264 MOV clips via HDLink/NeoScene to Cineform AVI
2. Loading Cineform AVI into After Effects CS4
3. Loading original Canon MOV into AFX as well
4. Compare them frame by frame - in the Cineform AVI sometimes a frame is duplicated and the next frame skipped (so instead of the next correct frame the image data of the previous frame is duplicated)

After removing CFHD_AVI_Importer.prm from the Adobe Common MediaCore directory both the original MOV and the Cineform version look exactly the same - no frames are skipped/duplicated!

Seems to be an isolated issue with the Adobe Cineform AVI Importer/Reader Plugin...
So for now I'm just using the default AVI/DirectShow Importer.. (I guess the quality for 5D converted clips should be the same)

Cheers
-Sören
Are you sure you are aren't mixing 29.97 and 30.0p in the one composite. Neo Scene converts to 29.97, so you need a 29.97 composite. I'm not seeing duplicate frames, nor are others when the project is setup correctly.
Old July 7th, 2009, 01:04 AM   #50
Regular Crew

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
Are you sure you are aren't mixing 29.97 and 30.0p in the one composite. Neo Scene converts to 29.97, so you need a 29.97 composite. I'm not seeing duplicate frames, nor are others when the project is setup correctly.
Hi David!

Of course that's the first thing I thought of as well.. but that couldn't be the cause as I switched the composition to 25fps and in the "interpret footage" dialog box I told AFX to reinterpret the footage as 25fps as well. To be sure I switched that back to the original setting (29.97) and changed the composition too - with the same results: strange randomly (at least it seems to me) duplicated/skipped frames!

I saved the project and now I can always reproduce it - when I delete/move the CFHD_AVI_Importer.prm everything is fine (but of course not using the Cineform Importer), when it is there I get the strange frame skipping. (always exactly the same project and footage)
I tried several AVIs from the same conversion process and they all show the same effect.

Would it help if I upload a short Cineform AVI that shows the problem somewhere? Or do I have to open a support ticket?
Soeren Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2009, 08:49 AM   #51
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Open a ticket and provide a AE project and a both original and AVI that does it.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase