DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Matrox MXO2 Mini with Cineform (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/238162-matrox-mxo2-mini-cineform.html)

Leo Baker June 29th, 2009 12:01 PM

Matrox MXO2 Mini with Cineform

Hello,

I was reading about this
Matrox MXO2 Mini Now Provides Inexpensive HDMI Monitoring for AVCHD Editing with Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 and CineForm NeoScene

News: Matrox MXO2 Mini Now Provides Inexpensive HDMI Monitoring for AVCHD Editing with Adobe Premiere Pro CS4 and CineForm NeoScene

How far off is the Blackmagic Decklink realtime output of Cineform projects to a Broadcast monitor via hd/sdi, component, HDMI etc? Or is it just easier to get a AJA XENA LHE card under Windows and get rid of my Multibridge Eclipse?

As it's annoying not be able to watch what you are editing using Blackmagic cards and the suppport for the XENA cards are already there.

Leo

Gary Brun June 30th, 2009 05:49 AM

I cant answer your question but I do use the Matrox mini for Cineform files and it works great.

David Newman June 30th, 2009 08:49 AM

Leo,

Simply Blackmagic drivers are harder to work with. We have to make architectural changes to support it, some of the changes are underway for CS4 (not just for Blackmagic.)

Nimesh Shrestha June 30th, 2009 10:23 AM

Prospect HD captured files

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Brun (Post 1165165)
I cant answer your question but I do use the Matrox mini for Cineform files and it works great.

hi Gary,
Does matrox mxo2 mini playsback cineform files(fullraster 1080 25p) captured by Prospect HD in realtime in Premiere CS4??

Gary Bettan June 30th, 2009 12:00 PM

The big difference here is that the folks at Matrox are supporting the team at Cineform and vice-versa. I am happily surprised at how fast and smoothly things are going on this and I hope it's the beginning of a long term relationship that extends up and down both companies product lines.

With the Intensity Pro card being dumped at $199, do you really think Blackmagic is going to be putting any investment into it going forward????

Gary

Geoff Murillo June 30th, 2009 01:22 PM

Matrox MXO2 Mini with Cineform Capture

Hi David and David,

What would be the processor and other hardware specs needed to capture 1080 24p (from the HV20) with a Matrox MXO2 Mini?

I've got a 2.4 Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro that I would run on Windows through Boot Camp if I can't capture on OSX.

-Geoff

Gary Brun June 30th, 2009 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nimesh Shrestha (Post 1165267)
hi Gary,
Does matrox mxo2 mini playsback cineform files(fullraster 1080 25p) captured by Prospect HD in realtime in Premiere CS4??

Well it does for me :-)
That's why I bought it.
Also it doesnt use any PC processing power to view either.
I did have a small problem with jerkiness... but that was because my files were a little fragmented.... quick defrag and everything was back to normal.

Chris Swartz June 30th, 2009 08:38 PM

Will it capture?

Hey what I really want to know is can we use the Matrox Mini to capture directly to Cineform, and then playout in the timeline. It sounded like they were tiptoeing around this in the press release. I thought the MXO mini only captured to Mpeg2, granted with higher bitrates, but I'd much rather have a Cineform only workflow. Is it happening now?

Chris

David Newman June 30th, 2009 09:10 PM

Chris,

No capture to CineForm over MXO2. The Matrox API does not allow this yet, please put in your request with Matrox. We also want to support it within First Light, but the same API limitations will need to be overcome.

Gary Brun July 1st, 2009 04:07 AM

I cant capture in the cineform codec but I can view cineform captured files.

Mike Falconer July 1st, 2009 07:59 AM

Can you view out of After Effects with the MXO?

Thomas Smet July 1st, 2009 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gary Bettan (Post 1165312)
The big difference here is that the folks at Matrox are supporting the team at Cineform and vice-versa. I am happily surprised at how fast and smoothly things are going on this and I hope it's the beginning of a long term relationship that extends up and down both companies product lines.

With the Intensity Pro card being dumped at $199, do you really think Blackmagic is going to be putting any investment into it going forward????

Gary

It depends how many they sell. At this price point it could very well be their number one selling product.

Gary Brun July 1st, 2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Falconer (Post 1165699)
Can you view out of After Effects with the MXO?

Yes I can.

Kaspar Kallas July 2nd, 2009 05:16 PM

Does it work on mac in FCP and cineform?

Thank You
-Kaspar

Gary Brun July 2nd, 2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaspar Kallas (Post 1166400)
Does it work on mac in FCP and cineform?

Thank You
-Kaspar

Sorry Casper I'm not on Mac.... but I cant see why not?
Someone else will come back to you with an answer I'm sure.