DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   real time engine update? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/240031-real-time-engine-update.html)

Mike Harrington July 30th, 2009 02:35 PM

real time engine update?

hate to be a bother....
but i am wondering if we can expect the real time engine for PPro anytime soon.

the suspense is killing me...

Dan Herrmann July 30th, 2009 08:14 PM

Suspense? I forgot I was waiting for it

I also would be interested in hearing any news on this.

Still using CS3 when using PH4 and waiting for presets to start using CS4.

Simon Zimmer July 31st, 2009 09:20 AM

Yes, an update would be nice.

:)

Matt Vanecek July 31st, 2009 11:34 AM

I'm more interested in speeding up the encoder, with First Light or minor effects applied! :P Will the RTE allow that to happen? I guess I can render overnight (and I do, and into the next day), but a lunchtime render to me would be much more useful (right now) than the RTE....deadlines deadlines deadlines....

ciao,
Matt

William Urschel August 1st, 2009 04:34 AM

David, Do You Have an Answer for US?

Yes, David, like all the others (I suspect at least hundreds of others in addition to the few already posted here!) I wonder when. A response would be much appreciated for the investment so many of us have made in upgrades both to Cineform and to CS4!

Stephen Armour August 1st, 2009 05:23 AM

Maybe the question could be:

"David, what still lacks for Cineform to be able to give us the realtime engine"?

Dan Herrmann August 3rd, 2009 07:50 PM

Has there been any information released on this issue

Has there been any information released on this issue.

I see other members have asked and personnel from Cineform have answered other forum issues but have not addressed this one.

If there has been an update please post the link.

Thanks-

I know others would like to use Cineform presets as we come up on a year since the release of CS4

David Newman August 3rd, 2009 08:02 PM

Presets you can create them is a few minutes, the you create is the same as the way we do. It is the RT engine that we are working on, but CS4 API has been very tricky to make stable, as result we don't dare predict when the RT engine maybe released with the potential of more Adobe gotchas around the corner. You can see that our updates are still flowing regularly (another this week likely,) RT for CS4 will be in one of these updates.

Simon Zimmer August 3rd, 2009 09:58 PM

Thanks for the update!

Simon

Greg Kubitschek August 4th, 2009 07:42 AM

Awesome news

I second the motion! I too am looking forward to the RT engine. I am happy the stability has increased in the current Prospect releases. Can you imagine where David could take Cineform if he and the staff didn't have to hassel with all the Adobe API quirks?
I'll bet a year from now, they'll be some really spectacuar things happening!

Marty Baggen August 4th, 2009 10:40 AM

Will the CS4/RT Engine offer any benefit to render times?

David Newman August 4th, 2009 11:18 AM

"Will the CS4/RT Engine offer any benefit to render times?"

No, that is one of the many question we have for Adobe why we are haven't wait so long for frames (nice the low CPU, we are encode 5 times faster than Adobe is sending the data.) We are added control for 32-bit float or not, as sometimes the float processing is overkill, and that does take a long time for Adobe to process.

Marty Baggen August 4th, 2009 11:26 AM

I'm out of my league with the tech stuff at this point, but is there any hope of something like Frameserver or some such intermediate software that could allow HD Link rendering of a CS4 sequence? Or the project import by HD Link of something that Premiere can export? I would guess the answer is still something which is limited by how CS4 routes their data out of the timeline.

CS4 is really a lead weight around the neck of Cineform. The workflow is a step backwards, Vegas is not a solution... I say again, take the time and effort currently soaked up by Adobe compatibility challenges and develop a Cineform NLE.

Simon Zimmer August 4th, 2009 11:55 AM

Cineform NLE????????

That would be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes, I realize I am dreaming.

Simon

Matt Vanecek August 4th, 2009 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1180792)
We are added control for 32-bit float or not, as sometimes the float processing is overkill, and that does take a long time for Adobe to process.

Where is the 32-bit control in Prospect HD? The Prospect HD manual is still for Aspect 5/Prospect 3. I don't see anything in the Media Exporter dialog that looks relevant.

Thanks,
Matt