Which to Get? Intensity Pro or MX02 Mini? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 5th, 2009, 12:48 PM   #1
Trustee

Which to Get? Intensity Pro or MX02 Mini?

I have CS3 and will probably upgrade at some point before too long to CS4.

Computer is an i7 and I have ProspectHD.

I want to add a card for playback on a 60HZ HDMI monitor. (Most video is 24p, but I believe both BlackMagic and Matrox will playback over 29.97/59.94... correct?)

Which should I get, the BlackMagic Intensity Pro or the Matrox MX02 Mini?

I prefer the MX02 Mini, but I have read here that it is not supported and I can't use Prospect with it? Is there any change on this? (Videoguys packages NeoScene with the MX02 Mini, but why if it is not compatible with cineform?)

(I also need analog capture, but I think both options support this.)
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 12:52 PM   #2
Major Player

Unfortunately the Mini won't encode in Cineform, but Matrox is looking at that possibility -- they told me. For now, it can only use their Matrox codec, or uncompressed. The Matrox codec is pretty good actually, and it works well with Premiere. Problems arise only when you want to use the codec with Vegas...
Eugenia Loli-Queru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 01:57 PM   #3
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugenia Loli-Queru View Post
Unfortunately the Mini won't encode in Cineform, but Matrox is looking at that possibility -- they told me. For now, it can only use their Matrox codec, or uncompressed. The Matrox codec is pretty good actually, and it works well with Premiere. Problems arise only when you want to use the codec with Vegas...
Thank you.

But if I do not want to encode Cineform, I only want to monitor a Cineform timeline in CS3. Do I understand correctly that it still will not do this either?

I just need to see what the colors look like on an external consumer HDMI monitor. Thanks, again.
Jack Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 08:23 AM   #4
Trustee

To my knowledge, Cineform recommends Xena LHe for playback to external monitors:

AJA | Xena-LHe 12-Bit HD/SD Video Capture & | XENA LHE | B&H

Or the latest Xena LHi:

AJA | XENA LHi Capture Card (Windows) | XENA LHI | B&H Photo

The latter seems to have HDMI I/O.
Alex Raskin is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase