DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Installed new NeoScene, NO VIDEO in Vegas (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/253928-installed-new-neoscene-no-video-vegas.html)

Lukas Fronk August 8th, 2009 04:53 AM

Installed new NeoScene, NO VIDEO in Vegas

Hello friends,
I have just installed the new release of NeoScene 1.3.6.121 and completely lost video in Sony Vegas. I only see audio. Downgraded to 1.3.3.118 or 1.3.4.119, still no video. Any clues please?

Workflow: Vegas9, Win7, i7+8G RAM

David Newman August 8th, 2009 09:17 AM

uninstall. reboot. install. something is likely holding onto a component preventing the install to complete. The fact that old build that worked for you previously now don't work, points to something like that.

Rob Patin August 8th, 2009 09:39 AM

Same problem...

Just updated Neo Scene today, and I'm having the same problem. I'm using Windows 7 RC (64-bit) and did the following:

1. I uninstalled v1.35 Build 120
2. I rebooted
3. I installed v1.36 Build 121
4. I rebooted

Still, no video (audio works just fine) in Vegas 9.0a 64-bit. Perhaps I should point out that I can still play Cineform files in Windows Media Player.

David Newman August 8th, 2009 09:56 AM

Must be Win7 thing don't allowing the VFW codec to be installed. All this security paranoia, makes doing useful things more difficult. Try installing in an Administrator session. We have yet to do extensive Win7 testing myself, although support is running 7, and has report this to me (yet.)

Rob Patin August 8th, 2009 10:12 AM

Thanks for the help, David.

I tried the "Run as Administrator" option (after the uninstall reboot), and the problem still exists. Cineform files are still viewable in DVD Architect, so I don't know if this points to a bigger problem with Vegas.

System Restore, here we go!

Chris Barcellos August 8th, 2009 10:58 AM

David:

FYI, when I loaded this version from the temp version you had posted the other night, I had an error screen come up temporarily, then it dissappeared. I think this happened on last version too and I reported here... but both worked after the fact.... I am Vista

Buba Kastorski August 11th, 2009 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1196646)
All this security paranoia, makes doing useful things more difficult.

yeah, right, tell me about security paranoia, I can't even install neoscene on all my computers, I have two laptops and three PCs, and I would love to have it installed at least on two my machines, but because of that, what did you call it, paranoia, yeah, it makes doing useful things really difficult.
and yes, there is an intermittent video loss during preview and track motion window in Vegas.

Lukas Fronk August 12th, 2009 11:41 AM

still no result in Win7 which means no work done

Uninstalled, restarted, installed with "Run as administrator" with admin rights on. Still the same. Video works only in Media Player. No Vegas, no work done. Anything? Rob, David?

Nothing against one NeoScene license. But especially in these days I would really welcome at least XP machine in shape to continue my duties. And testing machine.

Lukas

David Newman August 12th, 2009 12:39 PM

You should be using support as there is missing information. If you are running 64-bit, that was fixed two days ago. Download the latest NeoScene 1.3.6.121a -- we found we need an newer miscrosoft redistributable (now included.)