Installed new NeoScene, NO VIDEO in Vegas at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 8th, 2009, 04:53 AM   #1
New Boot

Installed new NeoScene, NO VIDEO in Vegas

Hello friends,
I have just installed the new release of NeoScene 1.3.6.121 and completely lost video in Sony Vegas. I only see audio. Downgraded to 1.3.3.118 or 1.3.4.119, still no video. Any clues please?

Workflow: Vegas9, Win7, i7+8G RAM
Lukas Fronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 09:17 AM   #2
CTO, CineForm Inc.

uninstall. reboot. install. something is likely holding onto a component preventing the install to complete. The fact that old build that worked for you previously now don't work, points to something like that.
Old August 8th, 2009, 09:39 AM   #3
Regular Crew

Same problem...

Just updated Neo Scene today, and I'm having the same problem. I'm using Windows 7 RC (64-bit) and did the following:

1. I uninstalled v1.35 Build 120
2. I rebooted
3. I installed v1.36 Build 121
4. I rebooted

Still, no video (audio works just fine) in Vegas 9.0a 64-bit. Perhaps I should point out that I can still play Cineform files in Windows Media Player.
Rob Patin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 09:56 AM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Must be Win7 thing don't allowing the VFW codec to be installed. All this security paranoia, makes doing useful things more difficult. Try installing in an Administrator session. We have yet to do extensive Win7 testing myself, although support is running 7, and has report this to me (yet.)
Old August 8th, 2009, 10:12 AM   #5
Regular Crew

Thanks for the help, David.

I tried the "Run as Administrator" option (after the uninstall reboot), and the problem still exists. Cineform files are still viewable in DVD Architect, so I don't know if this points to a bigger problem with Vegas.

System Restore, here we go!
Rob Patin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 10:58 AM   #6
Inner Circle

David:

FYI, when I loaded this version from the temp version you had posted the other night, I had an error screen come up temporarily, then it dissappeared. I think this happened on last version too and I reported here... but both worked after the fact.... I am Vista
Old August 11th, 2009, 07:05 AM   #7
Trustee

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Newman View Post
All this security paranoia, makes doing useful things more difficult.
yeah, right, tell me about security paranoia, I can't even install neoscene on all my computers, I have two laptops and three PCs, and I would love to have it installed at least on two my machines, but because of that, what did you call it, paranoia, yeah, it makes doing useful things really difficult.
and yes, there is an intermittent video loss during preview and track motion window in Vegas.
Old August 12th, 2009, 11:41 AM   #8
New Boot

still no result in Win7 which means no work done

Uninstalled, restarted, installed with "Run as administrator" with admin rights on. Still the same. Video works only in Media Player. No Vegas, no work done. Anything? Rob, David?

Nothing against one NeoScene license. But especially in these days I would really welcome at least XP machine in shape to continue my duties. And testing machine.

Lukas
Lukas Fronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 12:39 PM   #9
CTO, CineForm Inc.

You should be using support as there is missing information. If you are running 64-bit, that was fixed two days ago. Download the latest NeoScene 1.3.6.121a -- we found we need an newer miscrosoft redistributable (now included.)

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase