DV Info Net

DV Info Net (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/)
-   CineForm Software Showcase (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/)
-   -   Medialooks in Prospect HD? (https://www.dvinfo.net/forum/cineform-software-showcase/272133-medialooks-prospect-hd.html)

Charles W. Hull August 12th, 2009 10:08 PM

Medialooks in Prospect HD?

I'm in the process of upgrading from Neoscene to Prospect HD and I use CS4, mostly with a Canon 5D Mk.II. I've been in the habit of viewing raw 5DII .MOV clips and .MP4 files with CoreAVC and Windows Media Player, which gives very high quality playback with my Q6600 XP system.

BUT when Prospect HD is loaded Media Player will hardly play these files (the sound plays normally but the video is very slow, maybe half speed) and a "Medialooks" watermark appears at the upper left of the screen. Does Prospect HD use a Medialooks codec or splitter that has pre-empted CoreAVC? Is there anything I can do to restore good Media Player performance? CoreAVC is still there; it plays AVCHD .MTS files just fine.

Thanks for any advice.

David Newman August 12th, 2009 10:14 PM

rename C:\Program Files (x86)\CineForm\Prospect4K\QTsourcePXT.dll, it is only used for MOVs we don't natively support.

Charles W. Hull August 12th, 2009 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1215533)
rename C:\Program Files (x86)\CineForm\Prospect4K\QTsourcePXT.dll, it is only used for MOVs we don't natively support.

That didn't quite do it. Can't play .MOVs with Media Player with QTsourcePXT.dll renamed and graphedit can't construct a graph for .MOVs. Tried re-loading CoreAVC but no help. There must be something telling it to use QTsourcePXT.dll.

David Newman August 13th, 2009 09:11 AM

Rename QTsource back, and from a cmd prompt
regsvr32 -u "C:\Program Files (x86)\CineForm\Prospect4K\QTsourcePXT.dll"

this will unregister it. The system doesn't default for supporting MOV in graphedit (why we added this component) so you will need you register a MOV source filter like the Haali media components or mp4slitter.

Charles W. Hull August 13th, 2009 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1217299)
..... this will unregister it.

Okay, that fixed it - thanks!!!!

Alex Raskin September 6th, 2010 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Newman (Post 1217299)
Rename QTsource back, and from a cmd prompt
regsvr32 -u "C:\Program Files (x86)\CineForm\Prospect4K\QTsourcePXT.dll"

this will unregister it. The system doesn't default for supporting MOV in graphedit (why we added this component) so you will need you register a MOV source filter like the Haali media components or mp4slitter.

I just got that Medialooks Logo in HDlink-converted MOVs.

What is the correct way to get rid of it in Neo4K?

David Newman September 6th, 2010 09:07 PM

That should not happen. Did you rename HDLink (it must be called HDlink.exe)? The section you quoted is how to remove it.

Alex Raskin September 6th, 2010 10:31 PM

Nope, did not touch it. Actually I have just noticed that my FL icon is no longer showing - although the application shortcut still works.

This is new - a few days ago the icon was showing fine.

Also, HDLink was unable to finish transcoding one of the two 23.976 MOV from 7D I tried (it consistently crashed, although in different places of working on that file.) Second file (short one) transcoded into MOV fine, but with the Medialooks logo.

I probably have installed something that affected Neo-related files? Could it be REAPER?

REAPER | Audio Production Without Limits

Alex Raskin September 7th, 2010 08:01 AM

Uninstalled Neo4K 5.0.6, installed the latest 5.1.2b271

Now HDlink was able to transcode the problematic 7D file, however Medialink Logo persists in MOV...

I'm on Win 7 64bit, if this matters.

Did not do any manual file renames/alterations of any kind.