A Cineform to FLV Story at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 14th, 2009, 10:39 AM   #1
New Boot

A Cineform to FLV Story

vegas 9.0a. vista business 32/sp2.

i just got neo scene. i encoded a 28-minute film (originally hdv 1440x1080) to cineform 720x540, 16x9 - looks great.

yesterday: i wanted to put it on my website where all my other clips are in flash. before i got cineform, my workflow was vegas>wmv>flash cs3>flv. i tried to import my cineform avi w/flash cs3, only to find that flash couldn't see the video, audio only, on vista...

so i found a program called XviD4PSP 5.0. it was able to generate an flv file in about 40 minutes and it looks very good. only problem, max size is 640x480, so it's really 4x3 not 16x9. if you need flv up to 640x480, i'd recommend this program.

today, i tried another computer running xp/sp3, flash cs3 sees the video, but the comp is much slower and i'm looking at a 5-hour re-encode (currently running). i'm hoping that the end product will be worth the effort.

does anyone have an alternate vegas/cineform-to-flv solution? i know many have asked sony to add vegas output to flv, but this doesn't seem to be a priority, and i know they're busy with the generated media debacle. thoughts?
David A. Ludwig is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase