First Light not working help!!! at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 21st, 2009, 05:08 PM   #1
Major Player

First Light not working help!!!

I decided to try Prospect HD and I did a clean install with Windows Vista 64 bit In installed CS3 production bundle
I downloaded the trial of cineform the first two times it would not download eventually it downloaded, it is Prospect HD 4.0 build 219b.I installed it and tested the prospect HD and it looks like it is doing a good job so far.
I captured some shots from my Sony HVR-Z1 with HD link I opened up First Light and it opens up but does not work.
I imported one of the shots I captured and if I try to click play in first light it will not play if I scrub it works but when I move any of the color correction buttons nothing happens.None of the buttons like new porject etc... they are all not active, when I click on the more button and click NEW then I have to give a name to save once I click on save the program shuts off no error code.

Please help as I can read on the forum I see most users do not have a problem running First Light.

Thanks Rudy
Rudy Wilms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 21st, 2009, 05:36 PM   #2
Regular Crew

Me too

I downloaded Prospect4K trial and FirstLight not works, same behavior. I am on Vista64 also.
Old August 21st, 2009, 05:41 PM   #3
Major Player

First light

When did you download and installed First light I did it yesterday and I am hoping it is just something wrong with the file?

Thanks
Rudy
Old August 21st, 2009, 06:00 PM   #4
CTO, CineForm Inc.

Turn off UAC and try starting First Light again. We have a clash with UAC plus the very first time is runs it sometimes comes up in a weird state -- tracking that down.
Old August 21st, 2009, 06:19 PM   #5
Major Player

is working now THANKS

David,

Everything works now just by turning of the UAC

Thanks
Rudy
Old August 22nd, 2009, 12:03 PM   #6
Trustee

I have found that I can save a lot of misery by routinely right clicking on the installation file and selecting "Run as Administrator" when I install anything on Vista. In Vista's zeal to protect you from the evil forces in the universe, it can refuse to do some of the operations that must occur during the installation process of software. It doesn't always tell you that it refused to do something during the installation process. So afterward, you are left not only "protected" from the "evil forces", but you are also given the recreational opportunity to find out the hard way that your new installation doesn't work and to "enjoy" trying to find out why it doesn't.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2009, 03:54 PM   #7
Regular Crew

Thanks,

I had the same problem.
David Moody is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase