Neo HD Exporting to M2T? at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 23rd, 2009, 09:28 AM   #1
Major Player

Neo HD Exporting to M2T?

Does Neo HD support this via Pr CS4?
David Dwyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 25th, 2009, 07:41 PM   #2
Trustee

Once you have the Cineform file, the codec allows it to be read in CS4. CS4 can then export it in any export format that it has available including M2T although I can't think of a lot of good reasons to do this. Why not go straight to your final output format - DVD, flash, blu-ray or whatever. You will only degrade your video quality to encode to M2T and then to some final output format. Even if you are giving your video file(s) to someone who wants to import it into their NLE, they can download a free Cineform reader from Cineform and open it in their NLE. They can't output in Cineform without using Cineform's codec but they can do their final output in any codec that their NLE supports and has installed. Don't confuse Cineform with the clip artists at Matrox who want to fleece your money just for the "priviledge" of reading the Matrox HD format which is just all I-frame MPEG which has no business on the timeline.
Jim Snow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 26th, 2009, 02:20 AM   #3
Major Player

Many thanks for your reply Jim - I'm looking for a file format for archiving, It will probably end up on a Bluray disc.
Old August 26th, 2009, 01:26 PM   #4
Major Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Dwyer View Post
Many thanks for your reply Jim - I'm looking for a file format for archiving, It will probably end up on a Bluray disc.
David, many using Cineform, do so not just for the editing and final output benefits, but to use as an archiving format as well. As long as we can read Cineform files, we'll be able to convert them to whatever comes down the road.

There is just no other codec solution today that offers as broad a spectrum of benefits as Cineforms. Period.
Old August 27th, 2009, 06:09 AM   #5
Major Player

I have 25GB discs and almost 30GB Cineform AVI so that won't work. I've reinstalled my trial of Neo HD and opened Pr and I don't have the option to export to a compressed M2T file?

Is this a Neo 4k feature?
Old August 27th, 2009, 08:35 AM   #6
Major Player

Another option I have is leave the files as 30GB+ Cineform AVI files and purchase Nero 9 Back and export to spanned Bluray discs
Old August 27th, 2009, 02:27 PM   #7
Major Player

JUst purchased Nero BackItUp for £30/50$ and it deals with the lot. Add final project archiev folder and it creates and spans all the media onto bluray discs.

Job done :)
David Dwyer is offline   Reply

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase