Cineform no longer renders after free codec download. at DVinfo.net
DV Info Net

Go Back   DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase
Register FAQ Today's Posts Buyer's Guides

CineForm Software Showcase
Cross platform digital intermediates for independent filmmakers.

Old August 24th, 2009, 04:11 PM   #1
Regular Crew

Cineform no longer renders after free codec download.

Arrrrg!!!! Bad timing for this to happen, I hope someone can help!

I downloaded the free Cineform player so my system (currently running Vegas 8 Pro) could view some files in the current Cineform codec that were sent to me.

Now I can't render to Cineform in Vegas anymore (using the Vegas built in intermediate codec)!

The system now says "Not Licensed for CinForm HD encoding."

Is there any way I can go back to the old codec? Or best of all worlds, be able to view the latest Cineform files, yet use Vegas's built in intermediate codec as I normally did?

Thanks thanks thanks for your help!
Walt Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 24th, 2009, 05:46 PM   #2
Inner Circle

Re-install Vegas.

If you want to shuffle back and forth, search all instances of CFHD.dll on you system. If you do a properties, you will see some are very old (Vegas), some are quite new (Cineform) Make note of where all the versions are. Copy both versions to both locations with different file names.

When you want to render, rename CFHD.xxx to CFHD.dll in all locations. When you want to view, rename the new ones.

I've written about this several times. The only other solutions are to buy Cineform, or to render to something else.
Old August 24th, 2009, 06:56 PM   #3
Regular Crew

Thanks!

Reinstalling is never a fave, but thanks for saving me the time of trying to fix this any other way.
Old August 24th, 2009, 08:01 PM   #4
Regular Crew

Follow up...

Just a quick follow up...
Renaming the files works great.
I wanted to add that I was able to get away without reinstalling by uninstalling the Cineform free player instead.
I was surprised the codec reverted, on uninstall, but it did!
Maybe that will save someone a step too!
Thanks!
Old August 24th, 2009, 08:33 PM   #5
Inner Circle

Glad you got it going. I got tired of shuffling the dll's back and forth, but it works.

DV Info Net refers all where-to-buy and where-to-rent questions exclusively to these trusted full line dealers and rental houses...

B&H Photo Video
(866) 521-7381
New York, NY USA

Scan Computers Int. Ltd.
+44 0871-472-4747
Bolton, Lancashire UK

DV Info Net also encourages you to support local businesses and buy from an authorized dealer in your neighborhood.
  You are here: DV Info Net > Cross-Platform Post Production Solutions > CineForm Software Showcase